Author Topic: 6 virus's  (Read 4193 times)

REDACTED

6 virus's
« on: June 26, 2017, 04:54:07 AM »
I'm running avast on an older macbook with OSX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard on it. I cant upgrade the OS. I only use this mac for streaming TV shows. I never use it for anything else.  (even posting this is being done with my newer macbook pro) I am running firefox 48.0.2, and Avast 12.7 with virus definitions 17062502

lately (for the last 3 weeks or so) Ive been getting the same 6 virus's every day. they slow the machine down to the point of it being almost unwatchable.  and sometimes they crash the system.  when I run a full scan, it finds 6 virus's but it wont tell me what they are. so I delete them, and it runs fine for a while, but then the next day, I have the same problem. It is always 6 virus's. probably the same 6 because the symptoms are the same every day.

Avast never recognizes and warns me of a threat either. but it finds them with the daily full scan. It doesn't seem to matter what I watch, or where I stream it from either.

Is anybody else having this problem?

REDACTED

Re: 6 virus's
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 06:03:26 AM »
any suggestions as to what I should do? 

I'm wondering if maybe avast isn't actually deleting the virus's and maybe I should restore from back up.  would that help?  maybe?

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 09:57:34 AM »
Hello,
can you post screenshot of an Avast window with detected files, where could be seen detection names?

Milos

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 03:26:47 AM »
ill post what I can,  but it does not seem to be allowing me to open the windows where it sould show them.  its acting very strange.  I'm running the scan again now.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 10:58:13 AM »
Hey, did you manage to sort out the issue?

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 10:44:57 AM »
Did you manage to come up with a solution to your problem? Please post a picture showing the Avast system running and displaying the viruses.  ;)