Author Topic: NEW version: Avast 17.5.2302  (Read 83331 times)

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: NEW version: Avast 17.5.2302
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2017, 10:20:23 AM »
A good stable release. I haven't come across any issues so far.

Well done Avast team.

The Privacy tab shows "new" while  Data Shredder is not actually an installed component. There is no way to remove the "new" mark from Privacy which is a slight annoyance.

Yes that's a bug and we will fix it this week via UI update.

REDACTED

« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2017, 11:31:28 AM »
thanks for the stable release.
it works fine so far for my work&home laptop,except for the following issue which was fine in previous beta version

after smart scan , go to see the detail result of the scan by clicking the "detail" button,but it comes to scan again.

thanks.

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2017, 12:06:52 PM »
it works fine so far for my work&home laptop,except for the following issue which was fine in previous beta version

after smart scan , go to see the detail result of the scan by clicking the "detail" button,but it comes to scan again.

thanks.

This is a known issue that hasn't been fixed yet.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

REDACTED

« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2017, 12:24:46 PM »
Updated through GUI.
Rebooted and the firewall had changed from Private to Public. Had to change back to Private Manually.

Other wise seems to be okay. :)

Cheers

Offline h62510

« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2017, 12:40:47 PM »
Although I am using the Japanese version, although anti-spam settings are new and expression of the strongest setting is written as "no mercy", laughter has come up as well as being asked (^ _ ^) ( ※ Automatic translation)

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2017, 01:03:18 PM »

thanks.

This is a known issue that hasn't been fixed yet.
It had to be solved with this version according to the assurance of several evangelist  ;)
The versions follow one another but still no resolution for 4 months.
Is it so complicated for avast team?

REDACTED

« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2017, 01:38:17 PM »
After updating to version 17.5 my customized settings such as: heuristic sensitivity, packers type, PUP scanning, and exclusions setting are reset to default.
It will be nice if in the future, the new version automatically detects my settings and leaves them intact.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 01:40:55 PM by imt_jkt »

Offline ky331

« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2017, 02:01:13 PM »
From earlier in this thread:  Status monitoring has been been removed. It is now manageable from the Notification Center where you can "ignore" a shield.

I believe the notification center is what we access by clicking on the "bell" icon on the status screen.   When I do so, all I see is an indication that I have no new notifications... I don't see any way to manage what used to be listed as status monitoring.   Or do these options [e.g., to ignore] only appear once a status issue (e.g., new program version) has actually generated an alert?
Lenovo T530 laptop, Intel Core i5-3320M @ 2.60 GHz, 8GB RAM, Windows 7 Pro SP1 (64-bit), avast! 17 Free, MBAM3 Pro, Windows Firewall, MVPS HOSTS file, OpenDNS Family Shield, Zemana AntiLogger Free, SpywareBlaster, IE11 & Firefox [both using WOT (IE set to WARN, FF set to BLOCK)], WinPatrol PLUS, uBlock Origin, MBAE, MCShield, CryptoPrevent, SAS (on-demand scanner). 
[I believe computer-users who sandbox (Sandboxie) are acting prudently.]

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2017, 02:05:04 PM »
From earlier in this thread:  Status monitoring has been been removed. It is now manageable from the Notification Center where you can "ignore" a shield.

I believe the notification center is what we access by clicking on the "bell" icon on the status screen.   When I do so, all I see is an indication that I have no new notifications... I don't see any way to manage what used to be listed as status monitoring.   Or do these options [e.g., to ignore] only appear once a status issue (e.g., new program version) has actually generated an alert?

That quote was from me:

Try turning a shield off and then look at the notification center. There will be an ignore option.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

Offline ky331

« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2017, 02:12:52 PM »
Thanks  :)   I see that now.   However, when I tried disabling (for example) the mail shield, the notification was simply that "some" shield was disabled... it didn't say which one(s)... and the option was simply to ignore.   So if I chose ignore, will that ignore just the mail shield?   Or will it ignore ANY/ALL shields being disabled?

Also, under the old status monitoring, there was an option to not be notified about a program update.   Is there any way to do this under the new 17.5 version?
Lenovo T530 laptop, Intel Core i5-3320M @ 2.60 GHz, 8GB RAM, Windows 7 Pro SP1 (64-bit), avast! 17 Free, MBAM3 Pro, Windows Firewall, MVPS HOSTS file, OpenDNS Family Shield, Zemana AntiLogger Free, SpywareBlaster, IE11 & Firefox [both using WOT (IE set to WARN, FF set to BLOCK)], WinPatrol PLUS, uBlock Origin, MBAE, MCShield, CryptoPrevent, SAS (on-demand scanner). 
[I believe computer-users who sandbox (Sandboxie) are acting prudently.]

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2017, 02:49:49 PM »
After updating to version 17.5 my customized settings such as: heuristic sensitivity, packers type, PUP scanning, and exclusions setting are reset to default.
It will be nice if in the future, the new version automatically detects my settings and leaves them intact.

It should leave your settings alone, but it does rather depend on how you install the update and possibly what or how old a version the existing installation was.

If you do a clean install then it wouldn't. I don't know if you allow the avast program update to Auto Update, I believe it should retain the settings, but I have 'never' allowed it to do that so I can't speak from personal experience.

An update from the existing avastUI should retain the settings, if you downloaded the full off-line installation setup file and install that over the top of the existing installation, it should retain the settings. That is what I have just done and it has retained my settings.

The above is what should happen.

Note: before a program update I always do a hard drive image, should I ever need to go back.
If that is too much, then the least I would recommend is to backup your settings, avastUI > Settings > General - scroll down to the 'Back up settings option. You can then restore them should it be necessary.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2017, 02:57:15 PM »
Thanks for the new release :)

Just installed latest iteration after doing a clean uninstall/clean install.  This is so no old features are carried over to the new version, making for far fewer bugs as a result.

They did say they re-worked the pop-ups. 

Otherwise there are no issues except for the missing status monitoring and nor any explanation of whether avast ransomware protection is compatible with other programs such as RansomFree or CryptoPrevent, both of which are prior existing programs.

Attached is a pop-up for the AIS firewall.
I reported this one while beta testing, still not fixed.
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

Offline A. User

« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2017, 04:32:49 PM »
Quote from:  link=topic=204588.msg1403965#msg1403965 date=1498508168
Avast team/devs please confirm if behavior shield and program updates are taken into account when determining the security status.
I swear I saw a manager here passing by/commenting. Guess he missed this.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 10:52:39 AM by Eva137 »

REDACTED

« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2017, 04:51:54 PM »
Poor UI in ransomware shield.

Is it my Documents folder or some subfolder in the documents folder. No info on mouseover and no detailed view with better information about paths.

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2017, 05:28:51 PM »
OK it looks like I found a bug in Ransomware Shield UI.

1. Open Ransomware shield UI.
2. Click "dust box" on one of the protected folders
3. Avast will ask you "Stop protecting this folder?". Choose "Cancel".
4. Again click "dust box". Nothing will happen anymore. :P
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。