Author Topic: Polish version  (Read 5636 times)

Jan

Polish version
« on: December 19, 2003, 07:16:41 PM »
Hallo!
I've got a problem with install of Polish version (4.1.319):
it starts but afterwards stops with notification "The setup does not contain all needed components".
What is wrong. Install file - setuppol.exe is 7.4 MB large.

Regards
Jan

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Polish version
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2003, 09:46:25 PM »
Jan, let's help you a little. What is your OS? Do you have any other software that could interfere with avast? (firewall, proxy...).

Did you try to install the English version?  ;)
The best things in life are free.

kubecj

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2003, 10:54:55 PM »
Hi Janusz,

I guess you have english version installed. You can't do a language-cross-install from self extract, unfortunately - because it needs all the packages you have currently installed - including english packages which are not included in setuppol.exe.

There are two ways:
1) uninstall english, reboot, install polish version
2) logon with admin rights, go to Control Panel, Add/Remove, Avast, push the button and select 'update'. Reboot. Then do the same, select 'Change'. Add polish. Now you can quit or you can go to program, select polish language as default and uninstall english from control panel.

8)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2003, 11:32:41 PM »
Jan is right
The Portuguese and even the English version for download are incompatible is another language is installed... If the user have a previous instalation of avast! he/she could not update to 4.1.319 using the full setup.exe file.

Two messages of software incompatibility were shonw in my system.
After clincking yes on both, the error message says that the package is broken. This never happens before! It's a pity! I strongly suggest, if posible, that the user could choose a pair of languages to download

Even when we go to the Control Panel, the software incompatibility error message is shown!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2003, 12:50:48 AM by Technical »

Jan

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2003, 12:51:53 PM »
Thank you all
You are right, there's no possibility to install Polish version over English version. So I have removed English version and then after Polish install everything was O.K
Thank you again for your advices.
Merry Christmas to You
Jan

kubecj

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2003, 02:40:43 AM »
Jan is right
The Portuguese and even the English version for download are incompatible is another language is installed... If the user have a previous instalation of avast! he/she could not update to 4.1.319 using the full setup.exe file.

SetupXXX.exe _upgrades_ language XXX files. You can't _upgrade_ language YYY using setupXXX.exe. Files such as setupXXXYYY.exe are not and will be not available on our servers. There is one huge file (17megs) which contains all the languages though.

The primary installer function is to update from internet. The selfextract exes updating is just an 'added value'.

Two messages of software incompatibility were shonw in my system.
After clincking yes on both, the error message says that the package is broken. This never happens before! It's a pity! I strongly suggest, if posible, that the user could choose a pair of languages to download

Technical, why do you just rant? Why I haven't your logs yet? Run ashbug /setuplog and put there link to this forum.

And yes, it's possible to have two languages.
And yes, it's possible to do that 'offline', but not quite effective (17megs)
And, now guess, how many customers will likely get in a situation they need two languages installed?  8)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2003, 02:42:14 PM »
Sorry if my humor was not good that day  :'(

I tryed the 17Mb setup and I could not install it.
I received two warnings about the presence of another av installed (NAV / Norton Internet Security).
Then, answering Yes and procceding the installation, I received the message that the package does not have all necessary components.
So, for me, with a previous installation of avast!, is not posible to update/install with the 17Mb setup.

I would have both languages:
English because I want to read the commands not translated, unless I go out from forums because I think I must know what the others are talking about, and how to write what I want).
Portuguese, because is my native language...

1. What file must I have to link (when I run the ashbug command I receive a window to send you an avast! error).
I could not send it because my SMTP settings never works: SMTP: smtp.servername.com.br / Port: 25 / user: avast@ig.com.br
Where ig.com.br is not equal to servername.com.br. I mean, where could I inform the password for SMTP validation?
Anyway, I sent you an email with my setup.log

2. What file the command ashbug /setuplog creates? I could not post here a link to it...