Author Topic: Avast Free Anti-Virus Event Sounds  (Read 1472 times)

Offline CaptHastings

Avast Free Anti-Virus Event Sounds
« on: June 29, 2017, 02:13:49 PM »
Hi all,

I have not been able to play any event sounds from Avast in the last few program releases.  Is this issue going to be repaired?

Cheers,
Mike T.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Avast Free Anti-Virus Event Sounds
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 02:35:07 PM »
It has not been working for me in the last +/- 10 versions and avast nor anyone else has even tried to investigate/solve the problem although I repeatedly ask them.

avast (as company) is really going down.
Some examples :

They stopped giving support to the users of a free products through the ticket system without any notification

They stopped with the free educational licenses without any notification.

They stopped with the free cloud based software without any notification.

They are releasing software as BETA versions while they are just ALPHA versions.

Anti Theft was free, without any notification they changed it to a paid product.
And not only changing it to a paid product, they never told anyone that people who have/had installed the free one that some things will not work anymore.

Waiting time for a ticket to be handled was very fast (+/- 5 days tops)
About two years ago it really was getting out of hand and increased to 10 days and more.
Moroni took over things and in a really short time the waiting/handling time was back to less than 5 days
He really did a great job.
But now the waiting time is 15 business and more !
Which is in my opinion really absurd.