Author Topic: ESET Online Scanner detected Avast Safe zone installer as a malware  (Read 8589 times)

REDACTED

Hello everyone.

I have in my computer AIS, but I also have ESET Online Scanner for on-demand scans.

Today, I was scanning and it found 1 malware: the Avast Safezone installer.

Here is the Virus Total link: https://www.virustotal.com/pt/file/6e5d95babebe7698afe08597d376cf896cdfa330eae32b82c9bb1f60d9170c15/analysis/1498964719/

The file is located at: C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\SZBrowser\setup

I'm pretty sure it's a false positive, but I can't find the ESET forums to tell them about the false positive.

Does anyone know where can I find their forums?

Thank you

EDIT: Ok, I just found it and I will post there: https://forum.eset.com/
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 05:25:30 AM by Nori-chan »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 09:38:21 AM by Pondus »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: ESET Online Scanner detected Avast Safe zone installer as a malware
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 09:24:17 AM »
ESet isn't listed and I don't know how up to date the list is, but it seems handy to bookmark it.
http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-report-malware-or-false-positives-multiple-antivirus-vendors.htm#Easily_Submit_Malware_To_All_Vendors

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 09:51:23 AM »
   ESet isn't listed and I don't know how up to date the list is,
It is 

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 09:59:49 AM »
I expected it to be listed as ESet, not as NOD32/Eset that is why I didn't saw it.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 11:14:45 AM »
@     Nori-chan
Given that:
1.  it is part of avast.
2.  only 1 of 61 scanners on VT finds anything (ESet-Nod32), there is a liklihood of it being a false positive (FP).
3.  when the malware name/detections mentions generic in the name also increases the chance of an FP.
4.  if you look at the File Detail tab in the VT results, you will see that the file is also digitally signed.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline FDLischke

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 09:23:59 PM »
i have Problem in the same.  ESET NOD32 and Malwarebyte cannot use in Avast Premier (AP). AP says " ... this ... programs are uncompatible with Avast, please remove it". ... look into the bible "never other god near me..". And Avast say "never other Antimalwaretool in my PC".
An other problem, i used "Reimage.exe" from www.reimage.com to repair my pc. it found the virus "TR/Crypt.XPack.Gen2" into the file "C:\program files\avast software\avast\wsc_proxy.exe". it find the same virus in an other path and remove it. But it cannot remove the virus in the avast-path. AP find the virus not in his own path.

1. uninstall avast complete and use an other tool to clear the pc and then install a clear version from avast-Server?

can anyone help me or have an idea.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 09:55:09 PM »
An other problem, i used "Reimage.exe" from www.reimage.com to repair my pc. it found the virus "TR/Crypt.XPack.Gen2" into the file "C:\program files\avast software\avast\wsc_proxy.exe".
A classic program conflict and false positive

Why Using Multiple Antivirus Programs is a Bad Idea
https://www.kaspersky.com/blog/multiple-antivirus-programs-bad-idea/2670/

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 03:21:11 PM »
Wait,looks like that i didn't understand everything.... You are telling that without connection, EOS will only take more time to scan (but the scan will still find infections)? EDIT: Please remember that since I'm using Google Chrome,