Author Topic: Cleanup Free Trial Questions  (Read 1805 times)

REDACTED

Cleanup Free Trial Questions
« on: July 03, 2017, 08:31:45 PM »
Hello everyone, this is my first time posting on the forums so please let me know if this is in either the wrong forum or something else.
However, back to my topic, I have a few questions that I'd like answered about the "Cleanup Free Trial" that was offered to me (and accepted) through my Avast Free UI. (So, I didn't get any order number)
When I registered for the free trial, it made me input payment information. I cancelled the auto-renewal after some work, but is that enough so that I will not be billed at the end of the trial as I vaguely recall it mentioning it would?
If not, how do I cancel this subscription so that I don't get billed for something I planned on only using once?
Any help is appreciated!

Offline davexnet

• Poster
Re: Cleanup Free Trial Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 08:49:45 PM »
You had to give credit card info for a free trial?

Your spidey sense should have kicked in right there.  Hopefully you can get it sorted.
AMD FX-4300 4GB DDR3
avast free 2279 (Windows XP), MBAM free

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 09:15:45 PM »
https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB24
Thank you for the link, but either I didn't find the correct topic or it simply doesn't answer my question at all.
My question is: if I cancel the auto-renew feature, does it mean it won't bill me when the trial period is over?
If you know the answer from that page, simply quoting it would have been enough for one like me who is frankly terrible at finding things.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 09:26:44 PM »
Canceling should be enough.
Only on very rare occasions you will be billed.
If that happens, visit that link and contact avast.