Author Topic: avast passwords inside Firefox doesn't show up anymore (FIXED IT)  (Read 5184 times)

REDACTED

hi ,
i added avast passwords extension successful into Firefox browser. there was non problem until today. it does not show up anymore.

so i went to the avast menu settings-passwords and installed it again. then browser said successfully installed. but it doesn't show up anymore and does not fill in the passwords anymore. so i installed ones more and again and again but without results. if i click on the settings tab inside Firefox and go to extensions the avast passwords extension is there and it shows activated. so there should be no problem.

but it doesn't work.. anyone had the same issue and know how to fix this.
ps. i have the Avast free version for home users.

kind regards

((fixed by myself)) i changed a setting at Firefox never remember history that was the problem. changed back to remember history and the problem was solved.
now working great again
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 12:06:30 AM by romeo.vitaly »

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
Re: avast passwords inside Firefox doesn't show up anymore (FIXED IT)
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 08:13:47 AM »
Thanks for the post, we will investigate why this setting is causing such problem for us as it evidently doesn't harm other extensions.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 11:37:36 PM »
Guys I have same problem, but for me Avast Passwords addon doesnt installing in firefox.
I tried on "clean" Firefox and on Firefox with addons.
Google is fine, but Mozilla isn't working.
Avast always asking to solve problem with Firefox with notice message. I do as recommended and nothing is happens. I also tried to re-setup Firefox and it's still not helped me.
I looked down for FAQ or youtube videos where people install addon for both Google and Mozilla and most of them is out of date. That faqs and videos is about earlier (old) version of avast and AVAST UI looks different.
My native language is Russian, i'm created topic here on ru-forum section but i'm think here will be faster.
Maybe you add install addon in the avast menu UI.
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=207255.0 - link to the Ru-section, you can translate if you want with Google or etc.

Maybe moderators/Avast workers/Administrators will look by themselves on their own PC. I'm think you all have Avast and install Firefox is work for 5 mins.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 11:39:58 PM by dead_warrior »

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 03:10:42 PM »
I hope they see this topic.

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 10:20:56 PM »
We have fixed this issue in current latest release (version 17.6) could you please check you have the latest version installed?

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 10:01:12 PM »
i am having the same issue with the passwords i checked and i am up to date . i have put it on fire fox a few time sometimes it works great other times it says i need to activate it . is there anything else i can do . thanks

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 08:52:35 AM »
We have fixed this issue in current latest release (version 17.6) could you please check you have the latest version installed?
Sorry my bad, I haven't read original topic properly. We have fixed issue with Firefox detection. The issue with loosing activation of Avast passwords firefox extension is still under investigation.