Author Topic: No Firefox plugin anymore?  (Read 12360 times)

REDACTED

No Firefox plugin anymore?
« on: July 04, 2017, 01:44:33 AM »
Avast at some point offered me Avast Passwords, and I agreed. It installed on Firefox and Chrome, and worked fine. Well enough that I decided to use it as my password solution.

A week later, I moved to a new laptop. Installed Avast, Firefox, Chrome. Passwords works fine in Chrome. No matter what I do (several reinstalls of all apps), I can't get it to install on Firefox. The plugin is still active on the first computer, but not on the second.
1. There's only a Chrome option in Avast setup; nothing for Firefox.
2. The plugin doesn't sync with Firefox sync.
3. Several reinstalls in various orders won't make Avast Passwords install on Firefox.
4. Since I did use it, it's removed all my passwords from the original Firefox, which means I only have access to them on the original computer.

This is a) frustrating, since I can't get it to install; b) problematic, since I don't have my passwords anymore; c) troubling, since it suggests Passwords is not very reliable.

Offline Tomáš Hellebrand

• Avast team
  • Product owner of Avast Passwords
    • Avast Passwords
Re: No Firefox plugin anymore?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 10:39:46 AM »
It seems there is a change in a way how Firefox is registering itselft in the system. We are working on the fix.
Tomas Hellebrand
Product owner of Avast Passwords

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 11:48:56 AM »
Hello wrote in teh.superzhku I'm from Russia about the fact that there is no password avaless in Mozile Firefox 54.0.1 (64 bit) and in the settings there is no browser integration for Firefox. And they did not answer anything, and I do not know how to solve this problem. Do not tell me

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 10:57:32 PM »
If you have Chrome installed on your system you can use following steps (until we provide a fix):
In Avast
Go to settings -> passwords
Click on Install for Google Chrome
Chrome gets opened on page with installation button for chrome extension
Copy URL from Chrome address bar
Paste it to Firefox address bar
At the end of URL there is parameter determining browser so change p_pmb=2 to p_pmb=1
And hit enter
Now follow the installation for Firefox

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 07:19:17 AM »
Hello, it helped me, thanks for the help

Offline jwelter

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 10:39:10 PM »
Just helped me out, too! Thank you!

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 10:51:57 AM »
Thanks , you helped me , too

Offline Макс З.

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2017, 01:25:41 PM »
After doing as advised I still have not a Firefox picture/link in the Browser integration section, while I have the add-on installed. But I cannot activate it without a Firefox in the Browser integration section.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 01:28:13 PM by Макс З. »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2017, 05:30:20 PM »
If you followed the instructions, it will work.
There is no need to activate it.
And as Tomas already said, there is a bug in the GUI.

Offline SeaFriar

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2017, 08:46:05 PM »
I followed the work around instructions and the plug-in installed.  However, it does not operate with Avast and does not autofil login data and the GUI still says that it is not installed.  I worked with Tech Support for many weeks until I gave up.
Thanks,
Wayland Moncrief

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2017, 12:30:32 AM »
If you have Chrome installed on your system you can use following steps (until we provide a fix):

Worked! Thanks.

Offline Dix Huit

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2017, 02:50:00 PM »
I followed the work around instructions and the plug-in installed.  However, it does not operate with Avast and does not autofil login data and the GUI still says that it is not installed.  I worked with Tech Support for many weeks until I gave up.

If the Chrome workaround does not solve the problem, a user has reported that this works:
- Uninstall Firefox (back up bookmarks first)
- Reinstall a version of Firefox that Avast recognizes (version 52.0.1 is reported to work)
  https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/
- Install Avast Passwords via the standard procedure (Privacy -> Passwords)
- Test to make sure it works
- Update Firefox to the latest version

By the way, has any progress been made on fixing this?

Offline Rcfatal

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2017, 04:56:26 AM »
I tried each one of the solutions above, none worked. I still can't see plugin in Firefox and, even though it is listed as installed extension, it won't work.
Any other idea?  ::)

Offline Dix Huit

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2017, 05:24:48 PM »
Do you mean that in Firefox (Add-ons -> Extensions) it is listed as an extension but that you can't see the Passwords key icon on the main Firefox toolbar?

If that is what you mean, try the "Customize" feature of Firefox's main toolbar.  The Passwords icon may appear as an extra icon which you can place on the main toolbar.

Offline karolus

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2017, 03:09:28 PM »

Same problem here.
I tried all actions described here.

In Avast I cannot see Firefox anymore. I updated Firefox few days ago, and then Plugin in Avast was not present anymore.
Only in Chrome passwords work, but I prefere Firefox, because I am able to use it very easily Learnig  and  setting huge amount of programs after every updates, is time consuming ann heavy work. I prefer to do my more important main jobs. Computer is just a tool, nothing else.

So can anybody fix the fault?