Author Topic: Cuestions about avast  (Read 1350 times)

REDACTED

Cuestions about avast
« on: July 04, 2017, 03:35:56 AM »
Hi, i have to say i feel now sad because i bougth avast and did not recibe support in my cuestions. The upgrade to new avast are very cool, i like you put the antirasomware shield, and i think we have to try to buy avast to support this features whit our money. I hope in english forum you answer. I am waiting one week the mail support and the spanish forum.
1.- I like to know how antirasom works, i use heimdal and zemana antiloggr, now i think is unnecesary use third party programs.
2.- I like to know how avast sandbox works, I like to install one app insolate on my system, and dont have traces of this app. I use shadow defender because traces delete affter reestart. ¿The avast sandbox works similary?. From my view point if this sandbox dont let install things, programs, apps insolated  is unuseful.
3.- In previous versions avast shields and scans haves a screens where we can see what files are analizated in realtime, i like to see those screens ¿Have this versions this screens or monitors or not? I like to see what file are mail or file shield analizing.
4.- I use mail app from windows 10 and want to be sure avast scans mi mails, i use outlook accounts and that not are imap or pop, that are mapi. I like to use another mail client like evolution or incredimail ¿Avast scan it?

No more cuestions. Congrats for new version and hope the comunity will be like before, vibrant, now all post are to "devolutions", "cancelations"... That are sad.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Cuestions about avast
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 09:11:10 AM »
Handling time for tickets is currently +/- 15 business days.

1] You can read it on the website, here is just one of the pages > https://blog.avast.com/avast-2017-protects-you-from-ransomware-and-other-cyber-threats
2] Same as 1. You can read it on the website.
3] That option has been removed as it was pretty useless. File names and paths went buy so fast that you couldn't even read them.
4] Use the eicar test file to see if it is working or not.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 06:13:23 PM »
Thanks for your answer
1.- Thanks for the link, is cool to know not need third party app
2.- I dont understand this point for example if i want to install X program (Welftqda for example) Can I install in avast sandbox and not let traces on my system?, how sandbox work?, I am confused, Avast sandbox let "Execute apps in a virtual insolated enviroment" or "Install apps in virtual insolated enviroment?
3.- I like that feature sadly removed
4.- How can i test avast catch eicar in a mail client? a e mail account dont let atach eicar on mail mensaje

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 06:35:15 PM »
2]
No you can't install anything in the Sandbox, you can only run installed applications in it.
You could see it as a Virtual Environment.
Things will (as you could say) outside the OS.
So if anything happens it will stay in the Sandbox and it will not cause damage/problems to the OS itself.

3]
If you enable verbose logging, you can always see in the log file(s) what avast scanned and what action was taken.

4]
You sure can use the EICAR test file.
If you try to attach it to a mail you want to send and it gets blocked by avast, you know the avast mail scanning is working ;)
You can also copy/paste the eicar "text" in your mail and try to send it.
Just some of the many sites with more info:
http://www.aleph-tec.com/eicar/
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/email-security-appliance/118175-technote-esa-00.html
http://www.emailsecuritycheck.net/