Author Topic: Email Server Security is blocking extensions that are not listed  (Read 9785 times)

REDACTED

Hello,

For 2 days now, Email Server Security's Exchange shield is blocking .pdf attachments that it never used to. PDF is not in the blocking section of the shield settings, nor anything close to it. Has anyone else had this issue in the last couple days. My company gets invoices from multiple vendors and pdf is the preferred document type.

I have an ticket in with business support but they are supposed experiencing a lot of tickets right now. I'm just wondering if anyone on the forum would be of help in what I could try or where I could look to see what is going on.

The pdf files it removes are not flagged as virus' and do not end up in the Virus chest. I've never put *.pdf in the extension blocking zone either.

Thanks for any information,
R

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Email Server Security is blocking extensions that are not listed
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 06:10:05 PM »
Just a thought I have.
Do the pdf files have links to IP's/Domains in them ?

REDACTED

Re: Email Server Security is blocking extensions that are not listed
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 06:49:50 PM »
Just a thought I have.
Do the pdf files have links to IP's/Domains in them ?

No they'd be just generated pdfs. But I shouldn't say no, because when they are stripped they are deleted and can't be recovered...
All the companies have been emailing us with pdf invoices for months if not years....