Author Topic: Connect Avast Security Mobile on Android phone to Avast account does not work  (Read 3718 times)

REDACTED

I am trying to connect my Avast Security Mobile on my new Android phone to my existing Avast account by typing in email and pw, but it does not work.
I double checked the email and pw, even changed the pw in the account and deleted old phone from the account, but still, it does not work and says something like "error occurred during Avast login, please contact...".
Can you please help?

REDACTED

I am having the exact same problem. I hope they have a solution.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
What AMS version ?

REDACTED

AMS Version 6.1.3-315389-15cd3cc on Honor 9 with Android 7.0 and EMUI-Version 5.1, no pro license.

Offline Arielphf

Having this issue too.  I do have a Pro license, purchased in December last, have not been able to connect the new phone to my account.

I set up my Avast account many years ago before there was such a thing as Google sign in, but I used the same email as my google account on my Avast account.  My account has a 3 computer Premiere license and many free versions and a mobile version on my tablet that was installed the old way (with email) with the free version of the mobile software.  All of these show up on my account, but I can't seem to get my cell, with the Pro mobile software that I purchased through the Play Store to be able to log into my Avast account either through an email login or a google login.  Please help! 

REDACTED

Any news / help from the Avast experts / support?

Thanks, Florian.

Offline Arielphf

My ticket has been in the system for 7 days now and there has been no movement.  Literally, the anti-theft feature is one of the reasons I liked this program - but until I can link the software on my phone to my online account, the anti-theft feature is sort of useless.  I hope they find something soon - or at least let us know if things are progressing!

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Hi, please try a "clean re-install":
- uninstall the app
- turn the device off and back on (to reset background processes)
- re-install the app from Google play

Let us know, whether it helps, thanks!

@Arielphf - a reply to the ticket might take a bit longer these days, our apologies. I am sure you will get your reply as soon as my colleagues get to your ticket.

Offline Arielphf

- uninstall the app

That was the first thing I tried and it didn't help.  I also joined the beta group and I think my software is updated to the beta version, but I can't tell if it ever updated to the beta version.  Whichever one I am using, it's still not connecting.

If things have been updated in the meantime, I will try to reinstall again, but I did want to get back to you that I had tried that already.

REDACTED

- uninstall the app
- turn the device off and back on (to reset background processes)
- re-install the app from Google play

Let us know, whether it helps, thanks!

That help, now I could connect to my account.

Thanks, Florian.