Author Topic: date of last scan/no virus program?  (Read 5361 times)

evets

date of last scan/no virus program?
« on: December 23, 2003, 12:07:59 AM »
           have been using the program for about a month now and am still trying to get used to it. whenever i do a scan the info on the console is always wrong! instead of reporting today's date or the date of my scan i always get a date that was 2 weeks or so before! also, i wanted to test avast via symantec online and when it finished it stated that i didn't have any anti- virus programs installed and that i should install one,(anyone)  any ideas?
                                                             thanks
                                                                          evets

Walker

Re:date of last scan/no virus program?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2003, 12:31:35 AM »
Evets,

I couple of people on the forum have had this problem.. . me being one.

There are a few idea's kicking around, do a search on this forum for "date of last scan".

Personally, I would think about de-installing Avast, downloading the latest version and doing a complete re-install .. . not a big deal. Then trying again.

I had the 'feeling' that it had something to do with update version's.

Just a suggestion  ;)

Good luck,
W.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2003, 12:46:01 AM »
symantec ONLY detects the HUGE widely used products
Norton
Mcafee
F-Secure
Trend Micro
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2003, 12:50:12 AM »
With regards to Symantec's comments about "no protection", I've found that a lot of utilities don't recognize avast (maybe Symantec's trying to sell you their own?).

I get the same thing from my AIDA-32, which in other respects is incredible -- it correctly pinned down my P&P monitor to make, model, serial no., and even (approximate) date of manufacture.  But it too is convinced I don't have any a-v protection.

Actually this might be an advantage (maybe the A-team can expand on this, I'm only guessing).  I suspect that at least some viruses which specifically target "brand-name" a-v programs and databases won't recognize avast either, and leave it alone to happily "do its thing".
« Last Edit: December 23, 2003, 12:50:59 AM by MikeBCda »
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Walker

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2003, 01:05:19 AM »
I get the same thing from my AIDA-32, which in other respects is incredible -- it correctly pinned down my P&P monitor to make, model, serial no., and even (approximate) date of manufacture.  But it too is convinced I don't have any a-v protection.

Mike,

Just goes to show how fickle computers/software can be. Aida reports Avast for me, but not the VPS date?. Strange.

Walker.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2003, 02:03:52 AM »
With regards to Symantec's comments about "no protection", I've found that a lot of utilities don't recognize avast (maybe Symantec's trying to sell you their own?).

I agree with you.
This must be a Symantec joke, sarcastic joke  :(
Who is unprotectec anyway?  We don't need Symantec say we are protected ;D
The best things in life are free.