Author Topic: Require Urgent Assistance Please!!! (Locked Out)  (Read 2336 times)

Offline helana

Require Urgent Assistance Please!!! (Locked Out)
« on: July 10, 2017, 07:35:03 PM »
Good Evening,
On Saturday while at a friends house, my LG G2 randomly locked up and initiated Avast! Anti-Theft's Lost or Stolen protocol i.e. Sirens, lock screen etc...The issue is, I've forgotten my Pin and every attempt to reach my LG G2 via the PC interface has failed as in I keep getting a message saying that they were unable to contact my device.

I even attempted to hard reset my device using the phone's buttons but it won't let me! At start up, after I enter my phone password (prior to Avast! Anti-theft initiating ) I'm briefly given access to the home screen and settings, so I went into 'back up and reset' and tried to perform a factory reset, only to have the screen revert to the Avast! Anti-theft lock screen as soon as I confirmed the wipe!

When I tap on 'reset pin' on the Avast! Anti-theft lock screen, it asks me to enter my device password and Google Chrome opens displaying an error message (Please View Attachment)

I seriously don't know what to do next :-[...Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Offline Asyn

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Require Urgent Assistance Please!!! (Locked Out)
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 06:04:53 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast PremSec 19.9.2394.B#1 - CC 5.63 - EEK - Firefox ESR 68.3 [NS/AOS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 68.3 [EM] - ACP/ASL.BC
Deutschsprachiger Bereich -> Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline helana

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 12:20:02 PM »
Good Morning,
Thank you for your reply.

As I had mentioned earlier, attempting to reset the pin via the 'reset pin' option opens up an error page on Google Chrome, not a page prompting me to enter my Google account credentials :) I've attached a picture of the error page.

Offline Asyn

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 01:09:19 PM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast PremSec 19.9.2394.B#1 - CC 5.63 - EEK - Firefox ESR 68.3 [NS/AOS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 68.3 [EM] - ACP/ASL.BC
Deutschsprachiger Bereich -> Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0