Author Topic: Refund/ Incredibly Poor Service!  (Read 2696 times)

REDACTED

Refund/ Incredibly Poor Service!
« on: July 12, 2017, 05:13:48 PM »
On 12th June I was charged £49.99 for an automatic renewal which I did not authorise. I completed an online form requesting a refund the following day and did not receive a response until yesterday (one month later). In addition to taking a long time to get back to me, the response I received was very unhelpful - "It is definitely possible to initiate a refund but I would like to emphasize this version of Avast is much more robust, complex and overall better (see here http://www.avast.com/en-us/compare-antivirus). Wouldn't you want to try the product instead of initiating a refund? 
Please let me know."
This is the worst customer service I have ever received from any company, and I am still having to give up my time to chase a refund!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Refund/ Incredibly Poor Service!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 05:20:36 PM »
Very likely you have (or had) automatic renewal enabled.
In that case you did authorize the charge.

As you submitted a refund request within the 30 days after paying, you are entitled for a refund and should get it.

As has been told many times on this webboard, the current handling time for tickets is +/- 15-20 business days.

The person that responded to your ticket is out of line.
He/she should just have refunded you. Period.
A much nicer and correct would have been :
"We initiated your refund, but please consider trying our latest version" or something along that line.

What is your ticket ID ?

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 05:28:49 PM »
I understand that it takes time to process requests but was disappointed that after a month of no contact that was the response I received. Thank you. My ticket ID is 847521.
It would also be really helpful if there was a contact phone number as I have tried at least five different numbers today alone.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 05:38:13 PM »
There is no phone support for financial questions/problems.

I will try to get someone from avast (a manager) to have a look at the response you have gotten.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 11:38:37 PM »
Thank you. I have now received a full refund and greatly appreciate your help with this matter.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 11:48:35 PM »
You're welcome.