Author Topic: Access Denied  (Read 2378 times)

REDACTED

Access Denied
« on: July 13, 2017, 05:48:11 AM »
I'm having an issue with the new version (17.5.2302).  Some programs are crashing or generating errors when they try to autosave work.  I can save and load files manually, but whenever an autosave occurs, the program crashes, and the error logs show access to the autosave file was denied. 

Eventually I did a system restore to a save point that was made about eight hours before I noticed the problem.  The only change that occurred in that time was the Avast upgrade to version 17.5.2302.  Once the restore was complete, I no longer encountered permission errors; however, Avast was no longer loading.  The UI reported an error and could not restart (version 17.4.2294).  If I repair Avast, the program will load, but it is on version 17.5.2302, and then I get permission errors.

I'm running Windows 7, with all patches are up to date.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Access Denied
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 05:56:48 AM »
What shield is causing the problem ?

REDACTED

Re: Access Denied
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 10:24:51 PM »
It is the ransomware shield.  If I disable it, the issue goes away.  I'm guessing it is only affecting autosaves because the program has to delete a previous autosave before making the new save, and Avast is preventing the file from being deleted.