Author Topic: Updating Google Chrome With Avast Updater  (Read 4050 times)

Offline nightshade

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Updating Google Chrome With Avast Updater
« on: August 15, 2014, 01:53:31 PM »
I have the latest Avast free version 2014.9.0.2021 and Avast reported that my version of Google Chrome was out of date, however when I tried to update it using the Avast updater it would also give out a fail message, I have since had to update Chrome manually (successfully) from the browser itself, but wondered why the failure with the Avast updater.

When updating Chrome manually as mentioned above I made sure I ran it as administrator, not sure if I needed to do that but thought it wise especially with all the security that Windows 7 has.
Free avast.
Product version 22.4.6011
Windows 7 32bit
Version 6.1 build 7601 service pack 1

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Updating Google Chrome With Avast Updater
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 03:41:14 PM »
It's always a good idea to elevate certain software to administrator level.
As far as using the "software updater", I check using the SU then go to the
authors website to download. Doing this ensures a better quality download.  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 07:00:47 PM »
I have the latest Avast free version 2014.9.0.2021 and Avast reported that my version of Google Chrome was out of date, however when I tried to update it using the Avast updater it would also give out a fail message, I have since had to update Chrome manually (successfully) from the browser itself, but wondered why the failure with the Avast updater.

Yes, there needs to be fine tuning in SU module as this feature needs to work reliably, also I've seen other issues as well.

Offline nightshade

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 12:42:14 AM »
Old thread I know, however I'm getting a failure message even when updating from the help section within Google Chrome itself, I wonder why?
Free avast.
Windows 7 32bit

Offline nightshade

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 09:30:00 PM »

Yes, there needs to be fine tuning in SU module as this feature needs to work reliably, also I've seen other issues as well.

Sorry for the 3 year wait, I take it SU module is updating within the browser itself?
Free avast.
Windows 7 32bit