Author Topic: Disable wifi in night profile [Sorted Out]  (Read 15674 times)

REDACTED

Disable wifi in night profile [Sorted Out]
« on: July 21, 2017, 01:50:09 AM »
Hello people good night!  ;D
I downloaded the Avast Battery Saver on my phone so I can disable the wifi signal at a specific interval of the night. So, in the night profile, I set up for an interval of the night the wifi to be disabled. But when I went to the control bar (where the person connects the wifi, gps, screen rotation, notification, etc.) and I connected the wifi, the cell phone connected to the internet, even the night profile being activated and configured to disable the Wifi. Why did this happen?
I thank the attention!  ;)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 01:00:41 AM by jackgomess15 »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Desabilitar wifi no perfil noite
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 02:29:11 AM »
This is a English forum.

Offline jefferson sant

• Starting Graphoman
  • volunteer
Re: Desabilitar wifi no perfil noite
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 03:22:11 AM »
Hello jackgomess15.

I went passed one that can help.

I downloaded the Avast Battery Saver on my phone so I can disable the wifi signal at a specific interval of the night. So, in the night profile, I set up for an interval of the night the wifi to be disabled. But when I went to the control bar (where the person connects the wifi, gps, screen rotation, notification, etc.) and I connected the wifi, the cell phone connected to the internet, even the night profile being activated and configured to disable the Wifi. Why did this happen?
I thank the attention

Offline Štěpán Vaněk

• Avast team
Re: Disable wifi in night profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 04:42:37 PM »
Hello jackgomess15,

not sure if i understand you well.
Sounds like you were complaining that BS does not behave according active profile setup but then you mentioned that you have turned the wifi manually on, is that correct?
Please provide more information if you are persuaded that profile switching went wrong.
Thanks.

REDACTED

Re: Disable wifi in night profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 07:56:12 PM »
Hi Stepan, thanks for answering me!! :) I also apologize if my question implied that I'm complaining about the app. On the contrary, I liked it a lot. ;D

About your question, that's what I asked. It's because I'm looking for an app that blocks the wifi signal, even if I activate manually. I hypothesized BS would do that. Does it have this function of permanently blocking the wifi signal, during a period? Vlw !!  ;)

Offline Štěpán Vaněk

• Avast team
Re: Disable wifi in night profile [Sorted Out]
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 03:57:52 PM »
hey Jack,
please change setting of Wi-Fi in profile you are using to "Always ON". It won't save any energy but also won't be anyhow limiting connection to Wi-Fi.
Let us know please if this was helpful.
Cheers