Author Topic: Avast Software Updater Online Content Unavailable  (Read 2795 times)

REDACTED

Avast Software Updater Online Content Unavailable
« on: March 12, 2017, 04:24:47 PM »
For Visual Reference: http://imgur.com/tTV7KEW

When I click "Automatic Updates" for the Software Updater I receive a message saying, "The online content is unavailable". This error has persisted over the course of at lest 3 days, so I have given time for any server problems to be sorted out.

Clearly my Internet connection is working (these forums are online, I've watched Amazon Prime, and so on) so I'm wondering what the issue may be.

What server is this trying to connect to? Perhaps I can ping it or try tracert if nothing else.

edit: I should mention that I have tried to use the feature both while connected to a VPN, and also while connected directly to the Internet. My VPN has routing options in numerous places of the globe so if this were simply a routing issue I would have thought that this would get around the routing problems.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 04:29:08 PM by SomeRandomForumPerson »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Avast Software Updater Online Content Unavailable
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 04:32:52 PM »
Disable the firewall and see if that makes a difference.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 02:10:53 AM »
Disable the firewall and see if that makes a difference.

Tried it, didn't fix it. Thank you for the suggestion however.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 04:05:06 AM »
For future reference, if anyone else stumbles upon this thread, the "Automatic update" feature for the Software Updater does not work in the trial version of the software. However, I can confirm that it does work after buying the appropriate version of the software.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 02:06:32 AM »
I have full pay version of Avast internet security, and the error have for months now !