Author Topic: how do i cancel my cleanup premium if i used paypal?!?  (Read 5068 times)

REDACTED

how do i cancel my cleanup premium if i used paypal?!?
« on: July 13, 2017, 03:25:58 AM »
i did not receive an order code through email (i got a serial immediately to enter into avast) nor did i use a credit card to pay.  so i cannot get support to cancel subscription because i dont have the code or the last 4 of my card.  i tried the last 4 from the cards attached to my paypal, but it says it  is invalid.  getting very frustrated because the product is not working, i want to cancel before im charged as it was a free 30 day trial, and the system in place has me going in circles.  need help please to cancel this service.
thanks.

Will

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: how do i cancel my cleanup premium if i used paypal?!?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 05:34:16 AM »
You cancel it the same way as with any other payment method.

- Cancel it through your avast account
- Contact avast and ask them to do it
- Contact the payment processor and ask them to do it

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 07:20:46 AM »
yeah, i cant.  went through avast account.  when i click cancel auto renew, it says server error, cannot cancel auto renew at this time try again later.  i called the number and i cant get a live person.  thats why i was asking is there a specific way to cancel after paying with paypal.  again, never received a confirmation order number or whatever to fill in the required spot to request customer support.  in order to get that number, they want email and credit card last 4, which i did not use.  i used paypal and got a code to enter in to avast to activate cleanup premium, not a confirmation email with this mysterious code they keep asking for....so im am fuxored unless someone can point me in the right direction.  ive gone through the faq's and knowledge base, googled the crap out of this issue, and nothing is coming up. just a big circle of 1. i need this damned confirmation code, and 2. i need the last 4 of the credit card.  without those i cannot access customer support to submit a ticket...   i dont want the service because its not working, and if i got to jump through so many hoops to cancel this 30 day free trial, theres no way im signing up for anything else premium with avast.

i hope you can see how frustrating this is.  im not trying to be a smart ass or be disrespectful, i just want my service cancelled as it is not working. 

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 07:28:21 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 10:35:21 AM »
Go to your Paypal account and disable it there.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 04:48:46 PM »
Goldtrident: My situation is similar but I'm not angry yet, only in disbelief of Avast Service here. I have been an Avast Premier user for a couple years now and never had any complaints, or computer viruses! So I would say their Anti-virus software is "pretty good".
My issue is strickly with "Avast Cleanup" since I was stupid in that I went ahead and paid for it thru PayPal... then "later" found out about the free 30-day trial.  So, anyway I ordered Cleanup and got an Activation Key.. but then when I follow their steps to "Insert Activation Key" , it keep getting an error and basically telling me to try again later!..

Has anyone had this issue with Avast Cleanup in that they couldn't activate it ?

I would cancel, except I also cant successfully do it either.

I may have to open another thread, but thought could respond to Goldtrident and also resolve this issue as well?

thanks
Wayne

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 10:09:34 PM »
eventually got the code, 2 days later and was able to submit a trouble ticket.  still kinda miffed over the hoops i had to jump through but i will wait to see if i get charged or not.  the option to cancel auto renew is gone on my profile so maybe support deactivated the auto renew function.  anyway, new issue now, probably should start another thread but is adding to my disdain for avast...went to start my internet browser and got an error saying that i didnt have permission to start my internet browser (firefox).  Anyway, tried a couple more times and then noticed the ! mark on the avast icon in my task bar.  i clicked on it and it said i needed to update avast.  ok, i get it, they want to protect me but seriously, blocking access and saying i dont have permission to start my browser?!?  ???  that is not protection any longer, that is hijacking control over my pc.  yes i want to be protected when surfing the net, but this is getting intrusive.  not very happy right now with this service...i know i can go elsewhere.  just wanted to vent my frustration.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2017, 08:13:55 PM »
I have the same problem with a credit card payment.
There seems to be no way to cancel this and it just auto renews.
It seems like a scam to me and I have had to cancel my credit card.
Thanks Avast.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2017, 08:16:33 PM »
All you people have to do is read and follow the instructions to disable the auto-renewal.

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2017, 06:48:49 PM »
thanks for stating the obvious about cancelling auto renewal - really helpful.
If I was able to I would but it is not possible on my account.