Author Topic: [Simplified] - A task on 120 computers  (Read 1151 times)

REDACTED

[Simplified] - A task on 120 computers
« on: July 25, 2017, 07:48:32 PM »
Hello

I'm the IT manager of a company (in charge of an IT infrastructure composed of 120 computers actually). We realized some various projects (phone app, exclusive enterprise tools for
specific and changing requests, macro etc). We decided to install Avast for our computers. Due to the specific nature of some of our opened projects we have sometimes to add an exclusion on our beta project folders to avoid a blocking during our compatibility test. To manage 120 computers daily is already a big charge, so edit manually the exclusion folders everyday one by one becomes too complicate. I cannot ask our employees to edit that field by themself. They don't have any right here.

- Here is my question : Is there a way for me to simplify that daily task (add an exclusion folder) for all my computers ? Not have to Open Avast/Write the exclusion path etc. By using a regedit change for example ? Another command (vbs/cmd etc) is maybe possible ? I notice here that I have all the rights (administrator) on all the computers, obviously. I already run silent installation everyday for all our departments (marketing/webmaster/development etc). In this way I could schedule specific exclusion update with regard to our current daily projects.

Thank you for your advice.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: [Simplified] - A task on 120 computers
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 08:25:48 PM »
First I'm an avast user not an avast employee and I only have 3 systems so no volume problem there and I have no personal experience of the Avast Business Products.

I'm not sure if you could or are using an Avast business product to manage these 120 systems.  But for sure you might be best asking this question in the Avast For Business / Avast Endpoint Protection forum or one of its sub-forums
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security