Author Topic: Problem with avasts free premium trial  (Read 2311 times)

REDACTED

Problem with avasts free premium trial
« on: July 25, 2017, 10:22:15 PM »
today i installed avast free for the first time on my main desktop and i thought id try the free 30 day premium trial to decide whether i want to purchase it or not,
so when i try to use like premium cleanup it justs asks me for my credit info, paypal, name region code first name and last
and even if i login to my paypal it still doesnt work (keep in mind that this whole time im just trying to use the "free" premium cleanup feature)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Problem with avasts free premium trial
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 10:47:16 PM »
The problem as I see it is there are elements installed that aren't included in the product you are trialling. As far as I'm aware the Premium Cleanup isn't actually component included in the Avast Premium antivirus product, despite having a similar sounding name Premium Cleanup.

As an avast user like yourself, I am however only using avast free and that does have a Cleanup component (which I didn't install on my custom installation). That you can actually run and it will tell you what it found (in not much detail), if however you wanted to have it cleanup, you would have to purchase the paid version of Cleanup.

Personally I would leave that component alone and use CCleaner a free product, which has recently been bought by Avast - https://blog.avast.com/welcome-piriform-to-avast.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security