Author Topic: File Reputation Warning  (Read 3302 times)

REDACTED

File Reputation Warning
« on: July 28, 2017, 06:46:38 PM »
I have a user with a Dell laptop that receives this popup (Attached) randomly.  Sometimes when opening Outlook or Word and other times it just pops up on him.

I'm baffled by the "Origin" relating to the Dell drivers/software section and the "Downloaded by" being Microsoft Word. 

Can anyone advise as to what is going on here?!??!

thanks, Paul.

REDACTED

Re: File Reputation Warning
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 01:01:20 PM »
That shitty thing is going on the nerves of some customers of mine, too.

So, how can I disable this unwanted option in Avast Small Office Administration?

I checked there, but could not find anything ... and if users deactivate it in their clients ("Avast - Settings - Community" and "Avast - Settings - Cloud services"), it just gets ignored/reinstated and the messages will appear nonetheless.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 03:03:47 PM »
I checked there, but could not find anything ... and if users deactivate it in their clients ("Avast - Settings - Community" and "Avast - Settings - Cloud services"), it just gets ignored/reinstated and the messages will appear nonetheless.
I think settings must be done in admin console

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 04:20:39 PM »
I think settings must be done in admin console

Thank you, but:

"So, how can I disable this unwanted option in Avast Small Office Administration?

I checked there, but could not find anything ..."

I guess, with Admin Console you mean the Small Office Administration tool and there I checked for this community service.

Offline Jeff.S

• Avast team
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 04:58:56 PM »
HI,

In the group settings select cloud services on the left and there's an option to disable the reputation services.
You can use this form to submit suspected false positives for our lab to review.
https://www.avast.com/false-positive-file-form.php

Thanks!

Jeff