Author Topic: Problem update with Avast 4.7 Home  (Read 2133 times)

karama

Problem update with Avast 4.7 Home
« on: April 21, 2006, 08:41:53 PM »
Hi !
I have problem with Avast 4.7
After actualization with version 4.6 program does not work properly (blue icon possesses the red sign of retention).
My working: Hand actuation Start button - My computer - Manage - Services and applications - does not it act
Reinstallation with CD or net does not it act.  The repair of installation - does not it act. Uninstalling Avast - does not it act.
The options Preferences of programme and Start Avast do not it act. The program displayed the message with error of device or file or RPC error.
I use Avast from version 4.1 and never during actualization was no problems.
Now I use Avast 4.6 - it work properly (with XP +SP2).
Can someone me help - and write what is up ?
I sorry for my English I - know that it is not good..... (learn, learn and learn...)
I from mountain thank !
Robert

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Problem update with Avast 4.7 Home
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 12:36:08 AM »
This red sign over the avast icon is often an indication of another AV installed on your system or previously installed.

Have you or did you have another AV installed on your system - if so what was it and how was it removed ?

However, since you were running avast 4.6 OK that may not be the case. I have seen this reported once (after updating from 4.6 to 4.7) in the forums and it required the user to reboot more than once before this was resolved, give that a try.

Your English is fine, welcome to the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security