Author Topic: Latest Update  (Read 3773 times)

mcloud

Latest Update
« on: February 28, 2004, 05:17:21 AM »
Hi to all !!
I,ve just had a new format to my pc a few days back.I have avast!4 home installed and all i can say is that its working without any errors.
But on the last update of 27-02-04 wich i've made manually ,iv'e noticed a change on opening the simple user interface.
When the mouse is pointed(without clicking the button) to the options,no sound is heard and no info is showed by the mouse pointer.
Although i can say that it is something of a very minor fault,it can be confusing to new users. ::)
Thanks for your support and for providing this amazing A/V for free! :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Latest Update
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2004, 02:56:21 PM »
Hi to all !!
I,ve just had a new format to my pc a few days back.I have avast!4 home installed and all i can say is that its working without any errors.
But on the last update of 27-02-04 wich i've made manually ,iv'e noticed a change on opening the simple user interface.
When the mouse is pointed(without clicking the button) to the options,no sound is heard and no info is showed by the mouse pointer.
Although i can say that it is something of a very minor fault,it can be confusing to new users. ::)
Thanks for your support and for providing this amazing A/V for free! :)

1. About the sounds: I think you disable them in the Settings > Sounds... Can you try an amazing skin called LCARS? There are a lot of sounds... The other skins are working well for me. Maybe your volume level...

2. The other 'help' tips are called 'tool tips', as I translated avast! in the past I can say that they will be 'old' for the new versions and nobody send me 'new tooltips' for translations... Maybe they decided to take off this feature because to not 'confuse' the users... But I'm not sure.
The best things in life are free.

mcloud

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2004, 10:37:10 AM »
Thanks for your answer.
I dont think thats the reason.
When i,ve made the update it was still in demo mode.After the update was made,the version of avst!4 home changed to avast!4 pro demo automatically without asking for it.After this update,these options altered themselves immadtiatley.
I have noticed too that this AV program was taking some time to respond now.This happened in a new formatted windows xp.and the first software installed.
So not to take any more risk to safeguard the pc from maybe future crashes i,ve chenged the AV software to another one.But in future i will try it again,and i will still recomend it.
Thanks again for providing it for free. :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2004, 01:45:45 PM »
I've changed the AV software to another one.

Just a curiosity... Which one?  ;D
The best things in life are free.