Author Topic: Update problem  (Read 3874 times)

ghani

Update problem
« on: December 22, 2003, 05:04:50 PM »
Using Win XP Pro with LAN . I am facing problem Updating Avast 4 Home since Nov 25. I had to uninstall and  reinstall newer version 4.1.319 with Vps 311-6.
I can't even update it manually. Error message "Can not connect to Avast server"  Any help ?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Update problem
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2003, 06:30:47 PM »
Using Win XP Pro with LAN . I am facing problem Updating Avast 4 Home since Nov 25. I had to uninstall and  reinstall newer version 4.1.319 with Vps 311-6.
I can't even update it manually. Error message "Can not connect to Avast server"  Any help ?

It's not suppose so... But if you do not find any other solution, you can uninstall and install again.

Do you use avast! is the gateway of the LAN (the computer which connects to the Internet) or the other computers?
Do you use a proxy?
Are your proxy settings in avast! well configurated?
Are your firewall working well?

Can you receive/send emails or connect to the Internet in this same computer?

Let we know a little more and we can help you... I do have a Windows XP with a Windows 98 in a LAN. Both working with avast.  ;)
The best things in life are free.

ghani

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2003, 09:18:10 AM »
Thnx Karma and Avast Technical for your support. I have uninstalled and reinstalled.There's problem browsing internet websites and email.Avast server can not be connected by Auto update and manual update."Can not connect to server".

ghani

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2003, 09:29:10 AM »
Correction to my last msg !!!
"There is NO problem in connecting Internet/Email/Yahoo/ICQ etc. Only problem is updating Avast !!! Sorry for typing mistake.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2003, 12:15:56 PM »
I need more information about your system to help you...
Firewall, how do you connect to Internet (dial-up, DSL), proxy filter... It's really strange you can connect to Internet, email and so on and cannot update avast!
Do you register your avast! version correctly?
The best things in life are free.