Author Topic: Home 4.7.817 won't turn on!  (Read 14017 times)

Platties

Re: Home 4.7.817 won't turn on!
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2006, 07:42:25 PM »
ZA installed and working, brilliant.
I did get a meassage from avast on restart saying Avast web shield moduel has compatibility problems with ZA privacy blocking features. But followed the instrutions, disabled the bit that is having a wobble and I now have a working fire wall, thank you.

With the windows bit, I followed your instrutions but got the same meassage as before, Firewall/Internet connection sharing (ICS) service etc. But this time it has Error2:the system cannot find the file specified.

Platties

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2006, 07:47:45 PM »
ZA installed and working, Brilliant thank you.

Followed your instrutions but get this.
Windows gives same error message as before but now have additional message, Error2: the system cannot find the file specified.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2006, 09:17:50 PM »
In that case it may be related to your previous disc problem and that file was corrupted.  I'll have a hunt around and see what programme files it depends upon

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2006, 10:00:03 PM »
I just found this on the ms site can you follow the instructions and post back any error logs related to windows firewall
If the Windows Firewall (WF)/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service is unable to start, then it adds entries to the system event log with information about why it could not start. Additionally, audit log events corresponding to changes in Windows Firewall configuration and program requests to open ports are stored in the security event log. To view the system or security event logs, use the Event Viewer snap-in.

To view the entries in the system or security event logs with the Event Viewer snap-in, do the following:

Click Start, click Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance, click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Event Viewer.

To look for error events for the Windows Firewall (WF)/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service, click System in the console tree of the Event Viewer snap-in.

In the details pane of the Event Viewer, look for Error events.

To look for audit events corresponding to applications or service attempting to open ports, click Security in the console tree of the Event Viewer snap-in.

In the details pane of the Event Viewer, look for events with the event IDs 849, 850, and 861

This is the page I got it from http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/support/wftshoot.mspx#E1LAC

Platties

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2006, 10:49:29 PM »
Hi, Sorry for delay in replying, been away.

I can't paste the results you ask for, tried everything I know, but just wont work. Anyway, what's there is lots of Error logs, listed as disk 7, by far the majority. Workstation 5727. Service control Manager 7001, 7026, 7024 & 7023.

This is double Dutch to me, what doses it tell you?

Thanks for your help.

Platties