Author Topic: I did not order this product and still got charged  (Read 2925 times)

REDACTED

I did not order this product and still got charged
« on: August 06, 2017, 10:54:03 PM »
I use the free antivirus and tried the cleaner but I was only wanting to use the trial when it ran out that was it. Well, the pop up kept coming up to extend and I kept ignoring it.  Well, last night I was charged 42.69 and I didn't authorize any payment.  What kind of product/service you run here.  I DO NOT want this product and I started an unauthorized complaint to paypal.  This is no way to run a business to force products on people using the free versions.  Now I'm left with no money in my payapl, I'm so mad right now I think when I get my money back I'm going back to AVG antivirus free.  I have sent emails to Avast support but not happy that it takes too long for anyone to get back with you.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: I did not order this product and still got charged
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 11:32:12 PM »
You are aware that AVG is now a part of Avast Software.

There is a clue in the fact that payment information must have been given to use the trial, at the end of it payment will be taken unless you uninstal the trial and cancel the payment instruction.

Personally as an avast user not an avast employee, I would never use any trial that seeks payment information prior to starting the trial. For me that isn't a free trial but a deferred payment.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security