Author Topic: Avast Web Shield blocks logging in to the domain and internet access  (Read 3142 times)

REDACTED

Good afternoon,

I recently experienced a problem with just one PC with 'Avast Business Security' installed.

On logging in to the computer (domain joined) I got the message 'The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed'. If I turn off the Web Shield using a local admin account and then login again, everything is fine.

Why would this happen? I tried updating the program version to the latest edition (17.5.2522) but it still does the same thing as I've just tried it again and it gives the exact same message upon trying to login.

Weird.

Cheers in advance,
Dave.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Avast Web Shield blocks logging in to the domain and internet access
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 06:12:58 PM »
Compare the settings on that system with the ones on working systems.
See if there is a difference that can cause it.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 07:35:01 AM »
I would consider uninstalling Avast, then remove and rejoin the PC to the domain https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2771040 and checking the computer account has indeed been deleted from AD before rejoining.  Then reinstall Avast.  Good luck.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 09:53:15 AM »
I've just compared the 'Web Shield' settings with that of another computer and there are no differences whatsoever.

I've turned on the debug log, does anyone know where this is stored as it doesn't actually state?

Very strange. Does anyone know if I reinstall it, will I now have to pay for a license or will it recognise the device has been installed before?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 10:23:28 AM »
You will not have to pay for a new license as you already have one that covers that (and other) systems

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 04:02:14 PM »
Right - Thanks for the help guys. It turns out I had the old version of Avast, yet the version number showed the most recent one.

My front end display was still showing the old one and a colleagues was showing a funky updated one.

After uninstalling, rebooting and re-installing all is well and I can login again.

Hope this could help someone else in the future. Seems to be a very strange one!

Dave.