Author Topic: Mobile Cleanup Freezes my phone  (Read 6807 times)

REDACTED

Mobile Cleanup Freezes my phone
« on: August 16, 2017, 01:26:51 AM »
I got a new phone and installed Avast mobile.  Whenever I do the cleanup it freezes my entire phone.  I let it sit for over an hour and it never recovered.  I had to power down by holding the power button for ten seconds.  I have a Google Pixel XL.  I've tried several times and it freezes every time.

Offline Štěpán Vaněk

• Avast team
Re: Mobile Cleanup Freezes my phone
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 05:19:04 PM »
Hi Michael,
sorry for late reaction. It is not clear from your review whether you have been using Cleanup or Avast Mobile Security(AMS), could you clarify? Thing is that in AMS there is provided only a fragment of Cleanup features.
It'd be useful if you can please share with us GUID (unique user identifier). It can be found in Cleanup on "About screen", you need to tap 5 times on app version and you get to hidden page where GUID can be found. Tapping it copies that code to clipboard.
Please also ad an information what exactly have you been deleting. It could help us to remove the problem.
Thank you very much! 

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 03:29:12 AM »
I have the same problem. I was using Avast Cleanup, not Avast Mobile Security. I gave it all of the proper permissions to clean my device and then 75% through the cleanup, the app stopped working and Android asked me if I wanted to kill it or wait. I chose to wait. Then my screen froze completely. Then my phone crashed. I had to manually restart my phone as it could not recover.

Offline Štěpán Vaněk

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 04:23:25 PM »
hey,
thanks for reporting us. Could you please add information about your device, app version, Android version.
Then if you go to "About app" (last item in settings) and you tap 5 times to Cleanup version, you get to hidden menu. There please find an item called GUID, copy its value and provide it to us. It can help us link crashes reported to our backend tools specifically by your device. It is valuable to us if user is willing to help us this way, because most complaining reviews in Google play tell us zero specific information.

Thanks!