Author Topic: How to make avast not detect adware?  (Read 3170 times)

vadox6466

How to make avast not detect adware?
« on: April 22, 2006, 09:36:37 PM »
I don't want avast detecting adware, I have other programs for that.. How can I disable this feature?

Offline XMAS

• Avast translator
  • Super Poster
  • Santa is watching you ;)
    • avast! in Bulgarian
Re: How to make avast not detect adware?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 09:51:12 PM »
Hello and Welcome :)

As far as I know there isn't such option in avast!. You can't disable adware detection.
You've Got To Get Close To The Flame To See What It's Made Of...

Offline calcu007

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
  • I'm lamma!
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 10:00:12 PM »
The adware that Avast detects are in the virus signatures database. So you can't disable them as a option.
Asus Intel i7 8GB RAM , Win 8.1 64 bit, Avast IS

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 11:33:27 PM »
Much of the adware that is detected (and it isn't extensive as avast is primarily an anti-virus) will have been sent as samples from avast users wanting it included in the signatures. many users are also asking for avast to include all adware/spyware in the signatures and/or add anti-adware/spyware to avast. However there are as many if not more not wanting avast to become a bloated suite.

There is no harm in some overlap (multi layer approach to security), I too have anti-adware/spyware programs (see my signature) and those programs aren't resident. I usually run then once a week or more as they have had updates to their detections. This hasn't caused any multiple detections or conflict as when I want to do a scan with any other security program I pause standard shield; so no multiple scans and no conflict.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 08:11:17 PM »
I don't want avast detecting adware, I have other programs for that.. How can I disable this feature?
If you refer to a specific file, use the Exclusions lists:

For the Standard Shield provider (on-access scanning):
Left click the 'a' blue icon, click on the provider icon at left and then Customize.
Go to Advanced tab and click on Add button...

For the other providers (on-demmand scanning):
Right click the 'a' blue icon, click Program Settings.
Go to Exclusions tab and click on Add button...

You can use wildcards like * and ?.
But be carefull, you should 'exclude' that many files that let your system in danger.
The best things in life are free.