Author Topic: Avast is deleting my contacts  (Read 1798 times)

Offline Mike Bloodworth

Avast is deleting my contacts
« on: August 09, 2017, 06:39:17 PM »
After I installed the free Avast app for Android I discovered that several of names in my contact list had been deleted without my knowledge.  Very frustrating when I go to call someone and their number isn't there.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Is this typical of Avast?  Its even more frustrating that because I use the FREE version I have to come here to "forums" for support.
M.B.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Avast is deleting my contacts
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 02:51:27 PM »
Hi, sorry, but Avast Mobile Security is simply not able to delete numbers from your contact list.

Offline Mike Bloodworth

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 09:01:57 PM »
Thank you Teresa V. for your reply.  However, capable or not, those contacts were there before I installed Avast.  Plus, I never had that problem before Avast.  Is it possible that Avast mistook the contacts for a virus.  Or that a text/e-mail from these people may have had a virus and/or malware attached and that's how they could have been deleted?  As I said in my review of Avast, there's a lot more weird stuff going on with my phone since I installed the app that WASN'T THERE before I installed Avast.  This is just one example.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 02:40:52 PM »
Hi Mike, please specify what type of device, Avast app and Android versions you have, or if your ROM has been modified. I would like to ask the QA to try to reproduce the issue. Could you also let me know what are the other problems you have mentioned? Thanks.