Author Topic: Can't get rid of notices  (Read 836 times)

Offline marasaxer

Can't get rid of notices
« on: August 16, 2017, 07:35:52 PM »
Hello,

I installed a trial version of Cleanup, decided it wasn't for me, and cancelled before the trial was up. Now I get popups (not even the corner popups like the normal Avast junk, a window in the middle of the screen comes up) several times per day trying to get me to purchase Cleanup, complete with sensationalist messages about how my computer will die and rot if I don't use this product. Will these stop after a while on their own? Is there a way to get rid of them? Have I doomed myself to this junk forever? The last option would make me sad, I've used Avast for years and years and recommend it to lots of people, but if this is going to keep up, I'll be shopping for new antivirus software.

Offline Asyn

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • Happy Holidays..!!
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Can't get rid of notices
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 05:22:01 AM »
Win 8.1 [x64] - Avast Premier 19.1.2358.Beta2 - CC 5.50 - MCS - EEK - FF ESR 60.4 [NS/AOS/uBO] - TB 60.3.3 [EM] - ACP/ASB/ASL.BC
Deutschsprachiger Bereich -> Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline leachandleach

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 10:46:16 PM »
Thank you!  I had the same issue with the Securedline VPN, and I was about to get rid of Avast altogether just to make the annoying notices stop.

Especially for people/businesses who pay for the various Avast components and then later decide that one is not appropriate, these nagging notices are maddening.  I urge you to consider getting rid of this particular annoyance altogether.

Offline Asyn

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • Happy Holidays..!!
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 04:52:31 AM »
You're welcome.
Win 8.1 [x64] - Avast Premier 19.1.2358.Beta2 - CC 5.50 - MCS - EEK - FF ESR 60.4 [NS/AOS/uBO] - TB 60.3.3 [EM] - ACP/ASB/ASL.BC
Deutschsprachiger Bereich -> Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0