Author Topic: Quarantine Question  (Read 1661 times)

Offline Beacher

Quarantine Question
« on: August 20, 2017, 09:15:02 PM »

Re-Posting here in the Mac section ....

Using Avast Free Security on Mac OS 10.11.6

So far it has been a very good app and working well.

Lately I’ve been getting (almost daily) an infection quarantine (Virus Chest) of “something” entitled … (unfortunately I can’t seem to clip and paste this string so I hope I have all the details correct). I have also attached a screenshot.

/private/var/folder/vo/9025z1sn5hz3wsyt7t5dkxbm0000gn/clamav-(string of numbers that change).tmp

Everything up until the bracket (string of numbers that change) is always the same.

So … the questions are ….

1) What is causing this?

2) What exactly it?

3) I can’t find the original location where this is coming from. A finder search for /private/var/folder … etc., (which I assume is the original location of the issue before it is quarantined) doesn’t find anything???

4) How do I get rid of what is causing this??

Thanks in advance for any help

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Quarantine Question
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 09:35:04 PM »
Since it seems to be related to ClamAV it could be a program conflict / detection of ClamAV signature update?

Do you have ClamAV installed? if so uninstall it

Offline Beacher

Re: Quarantine Question
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 09:43:07 PM »

Thanks Pondus,

Yes, I was messing around with Clam AV a while ago before Avast and you're right, this could be the root of the problem? I thought I had deleted it but a search today did find some remnants which have all been deleted. I hope I now have everything off? Will see if this aforementioned activity with Avast continues or not?

Thanks....