Author Topic: Unable To Cancel Internet Security License, Never Got Email With Order ID  (Read 4196 times)

REDACTED

So about an year ago, I tried out a free trail to Avast Internet Security for 90 days, and when it was time to cancel it before it auto renewal it's self, I found myself unable to cancel the license for a very weird reason: Avast thinks I never ordered anything.

No matter what I do in the FAQ, I can't find my order ID or cancel auto renewal anywhere, not in the order look up, not in My Avast, and I can't even get Avast to resend me an email on the license confirmation.

I'm positive that my order was made through Digital River, since my statement shows I made a withdrawal to  "DRI*Avast Software" last year , yet I can't find my order id no matter what.

This is just real confusing to me. Can anyone help me find my order id so I can cancel the auto renewal before I have to pay for another year?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.

REDACTED

Re: Unable To Cancel Internet Security License, Never Got Email With Order ID
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 01:57:15 AM »
Unfortunately, contacting didn't really seem to work out for me.

Is there away to contact Avast Support by email? Cause I can't do the support tickets without an Order ID.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 02:02:54 AM »
See my previous reply.
I did say "or contact Digital River".
No order ID needed to do so.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 02:09:07 AM »
Did that already. They said they where unable to locate an order to my email.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 11:10:27 PM »
I tried getting in touch with Digital River again, and once again, I was given the same response of my email not matching up to an order they have.

I would try Billing Support on Avast's support page, but that unfortunately requires an order ID to submit one.

Is there seriously any other way I can contact support to help me out?   

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 03:47:15 AM »
See reply #1.
As volunteers we can't see personal details and therefore we can't help you on this webboard.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 03:49:19 AM by Eddy »

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 10:44:10 PM »
I checked that link multiple times. Unless I missed something, it has none thing that can help me with my problem.

I... I don't even know how this happened. I feel like it might have been a bug with the free trail I had, cause like I said, once I had to start paying for Avast Internet Security last year, I never received an email warning me that it was about to auto renewal it's self or an email with an order ID.

I'll ask this again, is there another way to contact Avast or Digital River's support, like perhaps by email?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2017, 08:04:39 AM »
And not even they could help me because they didn't have any record of my license...  So there is no proof of me having a license at all, yet I still have to pay for it near the end of Oct. How?! How did this even happen to begin with?

The program it self shows me that I do have an license active, yet the My Avast website doesn't show it in my licenses. I even have an customer number. This is just ridiculous, I feel like this shouldn't even happen in the first place.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2017, 09:18:22 AM »
Stop complaining and contact avast.
The customer number is enough for them to look things up.
We can't help you.