Author Topic: We are unable to connect to your device - always, plus other exception  (Read 5830 times)

REDACTED

Hi,
I try to locate my phone. It is not stolen, I'm just trying to test Avast AntiTheft app. Mobile has mobile internet and GPS connection. Everything is set on phone, it seems... If I try to locate from desktop, the site is always sending error messages. A printscreen attached.
How can I connect to my phone? How can I locate it?

Thanx,
AndrĂ¡s

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: We are unable to connect to your device - always, plus other exception
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 03:46:01 PM »
AT is not a standalone free tool anymore.
It is part of the paid AMS.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 04:07:55 AM »
My mobile had been stolen some hours ago, when I get to my anti-thief account I can read the following message "unable to connect to your device" and it says that it is disabled for this device.
I can see the last communication that tracked by avast (21/08/2017). I had not deactivated or change any settings so why today that I need it I can enable the anti-thief? how I can activate it remotely ? Please help!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 04:12:01 AM »
Contact avast.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 11:26:58 PM »
Hi,

I have the same problem with a paid version of Avast Mobile Security on Android. I haven't lost my mobile phone but am trying to control it from the web interface to confirm that the functionality works.

My phone is connected to the internet, by wifi (and 4G, but wifi is used). From a PC connected to the same network I access my device on my.avast.com, then select Locate \ Track Device \ Every hour \ Save, and I get "We are unable to connect to your device".

Any idea what the problem is? I've tried many times with the same outcome, even though network connectivity is excellent on both phone and PC. Other commands I've tried don't seem to work either, but locate is the one I really need.

If the answer is that I should contact support, could you let me know how to do that, as I wasn't able to find any contact details on the site (but maybe I haven't looked in the right place).

Thanks in advance.

Offline NoRootNoHoney

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 04:05:01 PM »
Same problem here. Have you been able to resolve the problem.

There seem to be many people having this issue. Shame on you, Avast!

REDACTED

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 09:44:16 AM »
Hi,

Following advice from the support team, I uninstalled the app, deleted the device from my account, then re-installed - that fixed the problem.

Hope this helps.