Author Topic: Trial Clean-up extension to the free doesn't work  (Read 2597 times)

REDACTED

Trial Clean-up extension to the free doesn't work
« on: August 24, 2017, 03:17:40 PM »
I recently accepted the TRIAL extension to the smartscan where the performance is sorted via the crap being cleaned up from the laptop after the smartscan has found it, junk files etc. I have run this several times over several days since getting it and it keeps telling me I have the same amount of crap to be cleaned and thereafter that it has all been cleaned ... but it hasn't. If I do the scan again immediately after a scan and clean, it comes up with everything again that was reportedly found and cleaned previously. During all of this, I used a CClean to clean up and sort any registry faults and straight afterwards the Avast clean came up with the same list again that it had previously sorted and then cleans it all again, well so it says.

I am losing faith with Avast to be honest. A year or so ago I paid £19.99 for an offer on a similar if not same extension to the free cover and was sent a licence number to enter online to activate. Each time I tried I kept getting an error note and each time I tried to get in touch with Avast I got no response. I think I started to get a little miffed and sent some strong emails and someone eventually answered and gave me scant instructions which I followed but I ended up with the same error note. Getting any response from Avast after that was a total failure. I logged my account and couldn't get my money back so just turned off the auto renewal.  I will be doing the same with this trial so they cannot take the money after the 30 days is up.

Is anyone else having the same problems?

REDACTED

Re: Trial Clean-up extension to the free doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 02:15:23 PM »
Yes, I have exactly the same problem. Now I want to be free of Avast Clean up and I don't know how, though I had pay for it!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Trial Clean-up extension to the free doesn't work
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 02:17:54 PM »
Remove it from the installed components.