Author Topic: How does Avast licensing works ? And how good is paid customer support ?  (Read 952 times)

REDACTED

Hi,

I'm planning to buy Avast Premier for 3 years as i've tested Avast and really like it.

I just have 2 questions:

1: How does Avast licenseing works on PC ? I tend to reformat my computer A LOT (like once a month, sometimes more) and want a 3 years license, so this is important for me. For example, Eset can be activated as many times as you want, as long as you don't exceed the amount of computers being used simultanously. Or with Norton license can be COMPLETELY handled on their website (as in, if you deactivate a license, protection will be turned off on the computer). In Avast, i've noticed you can handle it on the Avast account page, but it doesn't seem to impact the license itself (if you delete a license in your account, the license still works on the computer).

2: How good is the paid customer support ? I've mostly used paid antivirus so far (Eset, Norton, Trend Micro, etc...) and they are very dedicated and responsive. If you need help, you feel you can rely on them and there is this kind of "premium feeling". Is it the same with Avast ? Or are they lacking on that ?

I'm sorry to ask, but these are questions i can't answer for myself as you need to be a paid customer to know how it works, and i've just tested the trial version so far.

Thanks a lot and have a good day  ;)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
For example, Eset can be activated as many times as you want, as long as you don't exceed the amount of computers being used simultanously.
Same with Avast if you use the license file.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0