Author Topic: Holidays  (Read 6321 times)

Walker

Holidays
« on: December 22, 2003, 11:16:14 PM »
A Team,

Out of curiousity  8)

Will Alwil be closed for the holiday period and will we be missing the A team from the forums?  :'(

Will updates be affected/delayed?.

NOT that I'm complaing, I think you should have a hour off for Christmas dinner  ;D

btw; thanks for the help throughout the year.. . sincerely.

Walker

techie101

Re:Holidays
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2003, 11:48:09 PM »
Walker,

I believe that the A team will be home for the holiday.
Any updates that are posted to the server will be available for Avast users.  There is more than one server that carries the updates, so even if one shuts down, Avast will search for another.  Not to worry.

I would imagine that they would go home early the day before Christmas and then return on Friday.

This Forum is the mainstay of Avast support.  I will try to be around.....(between dinner courses. hahaha) for emergencies, but I can't think of any right now!  ;D
General Holiday Advice:  If the computer gives you trouble, shut it off till Friday!  ::)

techie

PS:  To the A Team:
If you didn't have off before, then I grant you a holiday Et Gratus en Techieus!  You deserve it.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2003, 11:55:25 PM by techie101 »

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2003, 12:43:08 AM »
General Holiday Advice:  If the computer gives you trouble, shut it off till Friday!  

I do that anyway  ;D
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2003, 01:42:20 AM »
General Holiday Advice:  If the computer gives you trouble, shut it off till Friday!  

I do that anyway  ;D

Me too...  8)
The best things in life are free.

Pavel Baudis

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2003, 10:05:53 AM »
Hi all,

Out of curiousity  8)

Will Alwil be closed for the holiday period and will we be missing the A team from the forums?  :'(

Will updates be affected/delayed?.

There are holidays here in Czech Republic since tomorrow till Sunday :).

We plan to make one update today and the next one next Tuesday - of course we will monitor the virus situation permanently and in the case of emergency there will be a special update. Also, many guys from our staff will be here in the forum time to time (and I wish to thank them for this).

Anyway I wish you all Merry Christmas and all the best in the incoming year. I also wish to thank you for your support and for using avast!

It is really fun to have such great users like you  ;D !

Pavel

Walker

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2003, 01:12:47 PM »
Thanks for the info Pavel.

Also, many guys from our staff will be here in the forum time to time (and I wish to thank them for this).

WE thank them too  ;D

Anyway I wish you all Merry Christmas and all the best in the incoming year.

Same to you Pavel and everyone of the A Team and families.

It is really fun to have such great users like you  ;D !

You can't be talking about me now, I just got your chrissy present.. . a 5 year subscription for Norton   :-\ :'( <only joking> ;D

W.

Hornus Continuum

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2003, 11:53:05 PM »
A-Team,

Wishing you and your loved ones a joyous holiday.

Regards,
Hornus