Author Topic: IncrediMail  (Read 2822 times)

DixVal

IncrediMail
« on: April 27, 2006, 04:24:22 PM »
Hi,

I use IncrediMail & now that I have avast my E-mails are all white backgrounds & all the special backgrounds come in as attachments.  I receive them fine.  I know it's an avast setting as my husbands come through fine to me.  I've tried to mimic all of his settings but to no avail.  I shut down avast & I can send to anyone fine.  When I send them they look fine on my screen.  I did not have a clue until people started writing me about the problem.  Thanks,  Val

Chrissypa

Re: IncrediMail
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 12:27:44 AM »
I am having the same problem. When I pause the Internet mail and send one to myself it is fine but when it scans it, it separates everything so they are all separate jpegs. Help! I have been using Incredimail and Avast Home now for about 5 years and have never had this problem. Thanks, Chrissy

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 01:24:19 AM »
Maybe you can add the following line to the [MailScanner] section of <avast>\data\avast4.ini:

Log=20

Then generate some traffic, simulate the problem (i.e. force the avast mail scanner to time out by sending an email with attachment) and then post here the contents of the file <avast>\data\log\aswMaiSv.log
The best things in life are free.

Chrissypa

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 05:58:41 AM »
You would have to give me specific instructions to do something like that and then tell me how to fix it. Thanks

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 11:31:11 AM »
You would have to give me specific instructions to do something like that and then tell me how to fix it. Thanks
I've tried to do so...  ::)

1. Open the file C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\Data\avast4.ini in Notepad.
2. Search for the section [MailScanner]
3. Add the line
   Log=20
4. Save the file.
5. Boot.
6. Generate some traffic (send, receive mails, with and without attachments).
7. After post the contents of the log file C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\log\aswMaiSv.log here.

Details: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=12234.msg103474#msg103474
The best things in life are free.