Author Topic: is avast home 4.7any good and is it safe program  (Read 4193 times)

bladeforce33

is avast home 4.7any good and is it safe program
« on: July 27, 2006, 08:55:44 AM »
i have been yousing mcafee s anti viruss and i have taken it off the  computer as it slow down my computer and programs and dose not pick up any viruss and dose little in the way of protact i am tryng to find out what on is the better antie viruss program and also avast safe with no add whar of spyware if any on can halp me on this that be great thaks for your time o and yas i am newbe whan it come to this stuff as i dont know much about computers lol. just tying to find out that all      from your frend   bladeforce33,  ps . sorry about the spelling not so good at it a by hte way i am from canada              :)                                                                             

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: is avast home 4.7any good and is it safe program
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 11:56:52 AM »
Do you think VirusBulletin 100% and ICSA would test an adware/spyware "enhanced" antivirus? AV-Comparatives maybe? Nah.
avast! is certanly 150% safe to use and doesn't include any kind of crap.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: is avast home 4.7any good and is it safe program
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 01:49:16 PM »
Bladeforce, you can use avast and trust it. You can (must) use another antispyware or antitrojan. The best (free) around seems to be a-squared, ewido and spyware terminator.
To block 'adds', you should use a good firewall or set the proper options in a good browser. Maxthon browser could block some of them. Kerio (paid version) blocks adds too.  8)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 02:27:21 PM by Tech »
The best things in life are free.