Author Topic: New Free Comodo Products!!!  (Read 27302 times)

justin1278

New Free Comodo Products!!!
« on: April 25, 2006, 03:49:59 AM »
Hi,

I have heard from the Comodo Forums that Comdo plans to launch new products free of charge. This includes Comodo Antispyware and Comodo Antivirus!

mike6688

Re: New Free Comodo Products!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 06:14:52 PM »
Yep,

The beta testing for users will begin in the next couple of days.

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 08:01:14 PM »
Comodo Antivirus

Very interesting... New player in the virus yard, but it will be effective... we'll see...  ;)

mike6688

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 08:21:30 PM »
Comodo Antivirus

Very interesting... New player in the virus yard, but it will be effective... we'll see... ;)

Well Comodo have already said that at first this will not contain all the virus definitions until they have the product fully ready - so I guess we cannot tell what the detection will be like yet.

As for features, Comodo state the antivirus is 'feature rich' so i guess we will see in the coming days.

justin1278

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 10:34:03 PM »
If there is a way to disable the realtime (if it has it) then I would defentily consider it a backup scanner for avast! but I would not consider completely changing to it until it has been out for a while and has been rated will like avast. Also I e-mailed tech at Comodo and below in blue is what I wrot and in red is wha they replied.

Hello,

I have heard that Comodo plans to launch a Comodo Antispyware and
 Antivirus program free of charge. When can users expect this product?

Regards,

Justin Leffert

Hi Justin,

Comodo AntiVirus will be available for user in the first week of May 2006. Comodo AntiSpyware is still under development which may take couple of months.

Regards
Peter
Technical Support

« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 10:50:07 PM by justin1278 »

Staind

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 09:00:02 AM »
Comodo products aren't bad, but I think it's trying to expand too fast -- it seems like a relatively small company that's trying to support firewall, antivirus, and antispyware. 

mike6688

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 03:36:01 PM »
Comodo products aren't bad, but I think it's trying to expand too fast -- it seems like a relatively small company that's trying to support firewall, antivirus, and antispyware.

Didn't they have a firewall and antivirus beforehand?  All they've done is just recreate and rebrand the products and are making them freely available.  The only really new product is the antispyware.

justin1278

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 11:06:07 PM »
Hello,

Yes they had a Firewall (Trustix Personal Firewall) and it costed money they rebranded it with the Comodo name and now charge nothing. They currently have Trustix Antivirus 2005 released it costs money. But they will rebrand it to Comodo Antivirus and will be free. The only new product that is not being rebranded will be Comodo Antispyware which is still in development and will take a few months.

justin1278

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 05:06:24 PM »
If you check at the Comodo site then you will see that they have already added the Antivirus program as a product. But it is not yet available for download. I might be tempted to switch to it but I will probly not switch until my avast! pro subscription has expired. But even then may not switch. It all depends on detection. Also note that it also has hysterics. But avast! works fine so I will probly not change unless detection is better. I will probly download and use their antispyware product though, but I am still unsure about the antivirus product like I said I will probly not change to it unless it completely outperforms avast! by a long shot.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 05:08:57 PM by justin1278 »

Jarmo P

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2006, 06:09:21 PM »
I stay put.

Most of you, trying a new firewall etc.
Trying causes many things  ....  in the end reformat maybe only right choice.

Firewalls trying and too many other security programs  ...  not much worse than XP firewall that works for people. But I don't download things very much.

Avast is for me a working antivirus solution.

So I hope, these chinese people behind something like a firewall and security stuff. Guys, dont trust them all?
A little trust ok, but not so much should  not be given.
Comodo threads in this antivirus avast site way beyond normal what i make not feeling suspicious.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 06:24:33 PM by Jarmo P »

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2006, 06:25:23 PM »
Quote from: Justin
Also note that it also has hysterics.
That had me in fits of laughter, an AV in hysterics ;D I'm sure you meant heuristics ?

Personally I would wait for the other early adopters to become guinea pigs and wait for this product to mature a little and get a few peer/technical reviews under its belt before I trusted my system security to it. Unless of course this isn't your only system and it isn't important to you.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

justin1278

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2006, 10:46:38 PM »
lol heuristics is what I was trying to say. I was in a very big hurry this morning. Anyway my system is of importance and that is why I am going to wait.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2006, 11:04:15 PM »
I just got the image of an Anti-Virus throwing a tantrum/fit/wobbly and I couldn't stop laughing to myself.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

justin1278

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2006, 11:47:56 PM »
lol

timcan

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2006, 12:35:39 AM »

So I hope, these chinese people behind something like a firewall and security stuff. Guys, dont trust them all?

Headquarters in Jersey City, USA with global offices in UK, Norway and India
chinese people?