Author Topic: Passwords keeps saying Firefox is open...  (Read 2396 times)

REDACTED

Passwords keeps saying Firefox is open...
« on: August 26, 2017, 05:40:54 AM »
So I uninstalled Panda and downloaded this today. Impressed so far, but I've been trying to set up my Passwords function and keep running into a snag. On the Accounts page, there's a yellow box that says: "We need your assistance. Please close the following browsers to finish moving passwords from their unsafe storage to Avast, then hit Try Again." The logo below that they're referring to as the open browser is a Firefox logo.

But that's the thing--I'm using Chrome, not Firefox. I don't even have it installed. I removed FF earlier, restarted and I'm still getting the same message.

Anybody know why it's picking this up? I use Thunderbird for email and thought that might be the culprit. But shutting that down made no difference either.

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
Re: Passwords keeps saying Firefox is open...
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 08:01:09 AM »
This might be a bug, I will check this out. It may be you have had Firefox installed in the past, we have found firefox browser profile and when we try to migrate passwords in it it just fails because some binary is missing (as you no longer have firefox installed). You can remove the banner by tricking your system registry, send me PM and I will provide you information how to do it.