Author Topic: "You Are Unprotected"  (Read 2919 times)

Offline Viktor77

"You Are Unprotected"
« on: August 27, 2017, 07:53:51 AM »
Yesterday my Avast Pro Antivirus license expired, and I haven't renewed it. I plan on using the free version of Avast again, but the software keeps telling me I'm at risk constantly. The icon in the notification area has a red circle with an X inside it. Dragging the cursor over it gives me a message saying "You are unprotected" in red text. I have a notification for the expired license that I cannot get rid of. All the shields are ON and I can scan my computer so... everything is working properly, right? I am indeed protected, I just don't have the benefits of Avast Pro. How can I make the program stop advertising Avast Pro to me?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: "You Are Unprotected"
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 09:30:48 AM »
Remove avast completely and install the free version.

And you can't stop the advertising.
You can only do so in the paid versions.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 09:38:40 AM »
Use the Control Panel > Programs & Features > Avast Antivirus and select uninstall - I believe it still offers to install Avast free, not just uninstall Avast Pro.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 11:49:39 AM »
Use the Control Panel > Programs & Features > Avast Antivirus and select uninstall - I believe it still offers to install Avast free, not just uninstall Avast Pro.

Yes, there is always a "revert to free version" when clicking uninstall on any of the paid versions.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •