Author Topic: Avast Mobile Security and Android Oreo  (Read 9625 times)

REDACTED

Re: Avast Mobile Security and Android Oreo
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2017, 02:37:01 PM »
Hi, there was an incompatibility issue, it has been fixed since AMS version 6.6.0, but on some devices the AMS needs to be reinstalled to make the fix work.

Just checked my smartphone (Nexus 5x) on Android 8. Updates are not occurring automatically or manually. The only way to get the latest definitions is to constantly reinstall the software. Hope this is soon solved.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2017, 03:39:27 PM »
Yes it is - been fixed for v6.7.0, which has already been rolled out to a part of our userbase, the rest should by finished by the end of next week.

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2017, 10:35:55 AM »
Yes it is - been fixed for v6.7.0, which has already been rolled out to a part of our userbase, the rest should by finished by the end of next week.

Thanks Tereza ... look forward to getting this version.
Cheers Ron

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2017, 04:04:34 PM »
The end of which week? I'm still on 6.6.0 and the updates are failing again. Also, the app keeps crashing.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2017, 06:03:14 PM »
The end of which week? I'm still on 6.6.0 and the updates are failing again. Also, the app keeps crashing.

I now have 6.7.1,  you could try uninstalling avast and then install again from google play.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2017, 10:28:47 AM »
When I looked in Play Store I found there was a pending update, it hadn't updated automatically for some reason. All done now.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2017, 12:12:45 AM »
Breathing life back into this old topic as I think this could be related.

My Android phone Nexus 6P with AMS (free) 6.8.3-31699 has recently updated to Oreo 8.1.0 and I now notice there are two Avast icons on the apps notifications.

I couldn't find a setting to remove one of the avast icons, so I uninstalled and reinstalled, now I don't have any avast icons after the reinstall.  Perhaps it is time to walk away from all of the ad suggestions and I don't mean get the paid version.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2017, 11:49:50 PM »
Hi, please check how your Permanent notification is set:

- open Avast Mobile Security app
- tap the "three-lines icon" in the upper left corner to access menu
- in the menu open "Settings" (right at the bottom)
- tap on "Notifications"
- tap on "Realtime Protection"
- tap on "Permanent notification"
- right there you may pick how the notification/notification bar should look

If it is enabled (not hidden) and though you see nothing, it means that AMS (which normally runs in the background) is probably being killed by some app or feature. Please check your device Settings then, and allow the AMS to run in the background.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2017, 12:39:09 AM »
All I get there is Pick your favourite theme - Dark, Light - Avast is running and hidden

The Dark or Light theme actually - setting it to either one still has two avast icons no matter how the notifications look.

The standard design is the same two avast icons.

If I select Hidden, only one avast icon is displayed, this despite the warning Android might stop the app, etc.   Given that I select hidden, surely there shouldn't have any avast icon if it were truly hidden.  Having done that, selecting any of the other options, I'm back to two avast icons.

So what is correct, does hidden really mean hidden and no icon displayed, which would fall in line with the warning that android might stop the app.  I thought that was the point of having the avast icon displayed.  Why then even when Hidden is selected do I see one icon.

This certainly doesn't look like the correct functioning.  I have uninstalled it several times and reinstalled and the problem still exists.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2017, 12:15:54 PM »
Hi, thanks for your detailed description, though we will need some screenshots - with and without notifications rolled down. That will surely help us find a solution, thanks.