Author Topic: Master Password  (Read 3805 times)

Offline Kay30

Master Password
« on: September 09, 2017, 10:47:27 AM »
My Master Password will not work. I thought I had it correct but am getting old so looks like I have forgotten it. I know Avast does not keep a copy but how can I fix? Can I uninstall and re set up again with a new Master Password?
I am in a mess so I need help, please.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Master Password
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 11:03:38 AM »
Sure, start from scratch.

Offline Kay30

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 12:52:57 PM »
Thanks

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 08:10:10 AM »
You can start from scratch by accessing settings->passwords section, there is an option "Did you forget your password?" on top. By hitting that option you can remove your current vault and start from scratch.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 10:54:53 PM »
I also can't recall my master password and I'm super frustrated!  I reset my "standard" password but when I follow your directions to go to settings and look for forgot password option  - I can't even get to that point without it requiring what must be my master password.  Now I've got some sort of internet attack and I can't even scan without that frigging master password.  Starting to wish I had never purchased this product.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 11:23:45 PM »
Sounds to me you're talking about the password set on avast which has nothing to do with avast password tool.
If that is so read the FAQ for your options and if you require more help post in the correct forum.