Author Topic: is new update causing problem?  (Read 4081 times)

REDACTED

is new update causing problem?
« on: August 07, 2017, 09:36:42 AM »
Hello!
I've two Windows Server 2012 R2 and are using Avast Business Security on both of them since years without problems. Since last week (04.08.2017) I have several troubles with it:
-) DNS not working or with poor performance
-) SQL or http (Port 1443 and 80) connection lost from one server to other server

I tried to restart the servers but I had no success. But when I stop AVAST immediate all problems are solved.

My questions:
Was there a new update end of last week?
Can I get back to older version?
Is there a solution?
Are there any log files were I can see when new AVAST-updates where installed etc.

Thank you for you help.

REDACTED

Re: is new update causing problem?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 04:33:46 PM »
I'm see similar issues, but on client systems. We're a school system, and recently have had several (50+) systems lose network connectivity. The only thing that fixes it is removing Avast. I tried repairing, and just disabling, but only removing worked. This is getting to be a huge problem, since we can't remotely do anything to fix it.

REDACTED

Re: is new update causing problem?
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 11:36:53 AM »
We have been experiencing a similar problem across many machines.
The only thing that seems to stop the issue is to disable the avast firewall from the template applied to machines from the portal.
The machines which have lost network connectivity require avast to be completely uninstalled with the avastclean utility and reinstalled without the firewall enabled.
Please can avast look into this issue with the firewall component as we are running machines without their firewall and using windows firewall instead to resolve this problem
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 11:40:45 AM by Chris761 »