Author Topic: AMS problem while testing..  (Read 3164 times)

Nubluz

AMS problem while testing..
« on: April 25, 2006, 08:26:44 PM »
My companies antivirus license expired a while ago and I had to find a new antivirus to take it's place because it didn't work well with our systems. The problem is, I have a test server (2003) that I initially installed the AMS and MSDE on for testing with a single client machine. After I got the old antivirus uninstalled off the network, I uninstalled it off of the antivirus server and installed AMS and MSDE on it. Unfortunately, stupid me, left the test machine on the network, and now I am concerned that this new install thinks the test server is the root server. I have uninstalled it off of that machine, but it still shows up in the list of server's I can log into, and I still have the option under the "file" menu to "subscribe to root AMS" Is there any way I can fix this. I already have the clients pushed out and don't want to have to redo everything because our production schedule doesn't leave much room for mass reboots. It's on around 200 clients.  Also, for some reason I can't use active directory to discover new machines. It says failed (incorrect function) That is quite irritating as well..  Please help..