Author Topic: Your refusal to provide an email for private license/account issues is pathetic  (Read 2829 times)

REDACTED

I've just wasted 10 minutes of my life trying to get your web site to provide me with any email address that I can use to send with regards to my support request.

None of your FAQ items address my issue, and I object to being forced to post in a public forum just to get you any support from you.

I will not be renewing my subscription when it ends, solely because of this.

The problem I am having is that I changed my email address in my account, and now it does not show any of my licenses for my current active subscription.

You have a link to 're-sent' subscriptions, but it only works with the OLD email address, that I originally had when I purchased the subscription, it does not work with my new email address.

What is more, even 8 days after changing my email address in the account, I have received emails from you, at the OLD address, reminding me that I have unused licenses.

I would appreciate you fixing my account and re-associating my subscription/license with my new email address.

If you reply, I would appreciate you doing so in a private manner, not in a public forum. You have my email address.

Thankyou

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
The problem I am having is that I changed my email address in my account, and now it does not show any of my licenses for my current active subscription.
-> https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB24#idt_0410
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

How is that supposed to help me?

I already told you I have been going through that ENDLESS LOOP of FAQ pages that seemingly link to a "SUPPORT TICKET" or a "CONTACT US", but simply take you back to a page ONLY PROVIDING LINKS BACK TO THE FAQS.

Why don't you click on the link you sent, and see if YOU can ACTUALLY get ANY web form for submitting an actual ticket, or ANY actual email address which could be used to contact support to provide the specified info.

To quote the page you linked to:

How can I update my email address and other customer details?
    If you need to update your email address or other customer details, ***contact Avast Support*** and provide both your new and former details, as well as your order number if possible so that we can update your details in our customer database.

And, as I described, the **contact Avast Support** only leads back to forcing me to click other FAQ links or giving up, or posting in this shitty public forum.

Not good enough.

I temporarily have the 'licenses' showing again in my account, only by re-adding my OLD email as a 'secondary email' but that is not going to be of any help to me once I close that email account is it.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

Yay, a magical "form=1" query parameter that makes the contact page actually provide a form.

Thankyou, that is what I needed.

Have a good day.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
You're welcome.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
How can I update my email address and other customer details?
You can do so through your avast account.

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Hi Eddy,

I do not think you read the subject well.
On the one hand it is not a question posed by heman3 but a "quote" of the FAQ
To quote the page you linked to:
On the other hand heman3 indicates well in his first post that he understood the procedure of change of address
The problem I am having is that I changed my email address in my account......

The problem was not to change adress but to find a link between its license and its new address
He just wanted to join avast (ticket) to explain this problem, .... I think?

@heman3:
however, looking at the right place in the first FAQ link given by Asyn, you should have found the second link "form = 1"  ;)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 12:58:15 PM by chris05 »