Author Topic: only network profile I have in my Firewall has unknown MAC Router address  (Read 871 times)

Offline Novicetroubleshooter

Hi, all

I recently got Avast Internet Security (pay version) due to potentially having a DNS hijacking issues. On my Firewall network profiles there is a network profile which has my internet providers server but with a MAC address that is no where found in the modem/router that I am using with Comcast when I looked at my router login (has three MACs). Also why I thought I was being hijacked is recently I would lose internet connection sporadically and would have to reset the router and my DNS server would change to utopia.net. I can get it back to Comcast DNS Server with a ipconfig release renew but it's still concerning.  People had been able to fix this by finding the network profile for utopia.net in the firewall section but there is no such profile in mine. Just want to understand why I could have a different MAC address that I am connected to that isn't in my router login. Thanks in advance.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: only network profile I have in my Firewall has unknown MAC Router address
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 10:40:56 PM »
Please post a screenshot in the correct forum.

Offline Novicetroubleshooter

Re: only network profile I have in my Firewall has unknown MAC Router address
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 01:09:55 AM »
Hi Eddy,

Which would be the correct forum? Thanks