Author Topic: I'm on day 20 of my trial of Avast cleanup ...still not working in Windows 10  (Read 1644 times)

Offline Ken160

• SuperFastClients.com - Online Coach
  • Ken Newhouse
    • SuperFast Clients
I'm on day 20 of my trial of Avast Cleanup ...and it still doesn't work.  Yes, I've installed the Activation code ...and yes, it starts the cleanup process ...going so far to tell me what types of files and junk apps need to be dealt with ...but after running for SEVERAL HOURS ...it's still in "step 2" ....and nothing has been cleaned and/or removed.  It just keeps running.  It shows up in task manager ...but after the first ten minutes it runs ...all activity in TM stops (for avast cleanup)

Any suggestions???
Ken Newhouse

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
   Any suggestions???
CCleaner is free and working     http://www.piriform.com

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Working until avast is screwing that up too ;)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
I'm on day 20 of my trial of Avast Cleanup ...and it still doesn't work.  Yes, I've installed the Activation code ...and yes, it starts the cleanup process ...going so far to tell me what types of files and junk apps need to be dealt with ...but after running for SEVERAL HOURS ...it's still in "step 2" ....and nothing has been cleaned and/or removed.  It just keeps running.  It shows up in task manager ...but after the first ten minutes it runs ...all activity in TM stops (for avast cleanup)

Any suggestions???

As I don't use the Avast Cleanup, my only suggestion I can offer is to post this in the Avast WEBforum »  Avast Products »  Avast Cleanup (former GrimeFighter) sub-forum, https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=63.0, where it may attract some more knowledgable Avast Cleanup user.

You could also try browsing that sub-forum to see if anyone has already posted about this issue.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security